Sheath making furniture

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ONE

Nov 21, 2019
N. Ireland
Can anyone suggest a UK supplier for items like brass rings, rivets and sheet brass for making a Viking styled sheath?

Can find a few on mainland Europe, but as we all know that's become a little more awkward lately.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Albion Alloys seem to be the supplier for hobby stores like Antics

ONE

Nov 21, 2019
N. Ireland
I get the not cheap bit unfortunately, but then is anything?

I've watched a couple of tutorials on making brass rivets and the wastage involved, by people that have done it before, looks shocking. If it were a skill that I was going to adopt for regular use, I'd be tempted to have a go, but I cannot honestly see myself doing this too often, if ever again.

I'll see what some of the hobby shops have to offer, as ever, Many thanks!

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
If you want some brass sheet or rod to play with cheaply then quite a bit of brassware is sold cheaply in charity shops, house clearance sales etc. I've seen decent sized brass plate (as in the thing you eat off) go for a couple of £s.

I don't know if it could be worked at all but I wouldn't mind finding out and I've a few scrap pieces I could repurpose myself.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE