sheath for spyderco bushcraft with tinder pocket. and multi carry option.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
i have made a sheath for my spyderco, this one has a pocket for tinder mini fishing kit, what ever you imagination can come up with, i was going to sell this, but once i made it i fell in love with it.
it has a elasticated catch opening to aid with deployment.
hope you like it.
IF YOU CLICK ON THE PICS YOU CAN SEE CLOSER UP.

all comments are welcome

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
its no where near twice the size, the welt is 2 cm, thats all its bigger, would of thought most sheath makers would like the added benefit of a substantial welt. i could of mounted it, as a separate unite, but as is a mini possible pouch, would want it with the knife all the time, if i had made it a separate unite that would have made it bigger, because you have another piece of 3.5 vegtan underneath, which would just add to weight, and more bulk in my opinion, having it just that little bit wider allowed me to double stitch it and make the welt bigger to, so you have more security in the bigger welt, better durability, and the double stitch, just adds more robustness, as one of my customers has just stated i wish i could take better pics, as i don't think they do my stuff any justice at all, when you look at this in the flesh it looks more antique looking to, and not as dark all my stuff seems to look dark when i take the pics, it's something that i have to practice on.
hope that has answered your questions
lee.

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
its no where near twice the size, the welt is 2 cm, thats all its bigger, would of thought most sheath makers would like the added benefit of a substantial welt. i could of mounted it, as a separate unite, but as is a mini possible pouch, would want it with the knife all the time, if i had made it a separate unite that would have made it bigger, because you have another piece of 3.5 vegtan underneath, which would just add to weight, and more bulk in my opinion, having it just that little bit wider allowed me to double stitch it and make the welt bigger to, so you have more security in the bigger welt, better durability, and the double stitch, just adds more robustness, as one of my customers has just stated i wish i could take better pics, as i don't think they do my stuff any justice at all, when you look at this in the flesh it looks more antique looking to, and not as dark all my stuff seems to look dark when i take the pics, it's something that i have to practice on.
hope that has answered your questions
lee.

When I looked at the photos again I think the other thing that made it look wider is that it's quite short in lengh/depth as the handle is sticking out.

When I said separate pouch I meant a bit like what you did for the sharpening stone?

Regards

Richard

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
When I looked at the photos again I think the other thing that made it look wider is that it's quite short in lengh/depth as the handle is sticking out.

When I said separate pouch I meant a bit like what you did for the sharpening stone?

Regards

Richard

yeh thats what i meant richard, if i was to add the pouch that way, i would have to add the peice of leather underneath, for that type of pouch, as with the other one its desighned for the dc4, and has breather holes either side, this was does not. if i would have added the pouch so that you could take it of, you have to make the verticle and horizontal straps and the pouch as one unit, hope this makes sense, and there for you are adding extra weight, because you have to sow the pocket onto the other peice of leather.
this is another option, that i have been ,looking at, but for this one, i wanted to keep the weight down.
and i wanted to keep the pocket on so that if you wanted to take the strap system of you still always have the pocket with you, for say, that if you carry tinder in there, or a mini fishing kit, or first aid kit, it will always be with the knife.
hope that makes sense mate.
in other words no mater what option you take with this system, what ever you put in that pocket stays with your knife.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE