shave horse

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
ha! a three legged clippety clop, clickety clop?

A 3 legged shave horse is obviously not to be confused with something else :lmao:

shavedbeaver.gif

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Lovely lil horse you got there, Seems like a real worker.
I really like that piece, somewhere on my to do list i must add it but where my list is growing out proportions.
Well lets first get my own Drawknife instead of borrowing it all the time XD then we will start pickering about one of those lovely lil pets for in the backyard
Yours sincerely Ruud

jorn

Forager
Aug 26, 2011
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
Looks great! I would've put the two legs under your so aptly named arris at an angle to give the whole bench a bit more stability though. I'm of to the woods this weekend to build my first bench . Shave horse will have to wait, first i'll have to sort out my drawing knive.

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
Like the acers.............oh yeah and nice horse......:D

I've wanted to make one for a while so i'll be copying this design as well......thanks for the pics mate. One question ....the middle pin, does that go through the main part of the horse or does it go through a block underneath ?

Last edited:

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Pole lathe next matey!
Good work, and I like the wooden pegged construction.

The mad welshman

Tenderfoot
Apr 29, 2012
Louth. Lincs
Nice job there ..Ive got the bits to make one from an american design but its a bit over worked so I think Ill nick some of your ideas if you dont mind..all I need is the sun shine to get out doors

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Like the acers.............oh yeah and nice horse......:D

I've wanted to make one for a while so i'll be copying this design as well......thanks for the pics mate. One question ....the middle pin, does that go through the main part of the horse or does it go through a block underneath ?

hi mate, no i augered through the main bench, bit of a pain. if/when they eventually break or wear, i'll maybe just drive a small shaft in from either side to hang the paddles off....yes i like acers :)

thanks fellas :) point noted about the legs, it seems stable enough...at the moment, we shall see!

some great designs there guys, so many to choose from eh? :)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE