shave horse

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
been meaning to make one of these for a while now, had a big piece of timber i salvaged out of a barn before it went on the bonfire. originally it was about 18" across x 2" thick, the bits i trimmed off the sides, i used for the paddles. i had the components at the last North Wood meet and meant to assemble it there but it was a little damp :rolleyes:.
i'm looking forward to making some stick furniture now :D

008.jpg

009.jpg

007.jpg

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
Love the look of that horse, nice and rustic just my thing:cool: My only concern is the dowel for the feet looks a bit thin and I would be afraid of pushing too hard and snapping them?

Steve.

kodiakjoe

Apr 11, 2011
Leeds
nice rustic looking 'oss there Woodspirit, loads of character :) They really are a brilliant addition to your woodworking kit

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
nice work there steve, i must get round to making one of these at some point, they make all sorts of tasks so much easier goodjob

Biker

Pix saved for future construction. Nice one mate, that really looks the biz. Been meaning to make one of those like forEVER, seem to make do with my big engineering vice when i need to use my drawknife, but that's bolted to my workbench and when the sun shining it would be nice to catch some rays out there and whittle.

Well done again. Like that a lot.

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
thanks Aaron, i tried to shy away from the threaded bar route, i like the rustic look too. :) amazing back in the day the old boys would knock these up from scratch in the woods to be used there.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE