Sh*t Box - Cardboard Toilet!!

Bravo4

Nomad
Apr 14, 2009
New Mexico, USA
makes the 'Helix Potty Trowel' obsolete.
from the customer comments:
"Looks great! I'm thinking of buying one for the office.
Dougie Pitt, London - May '09"

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:D

I've seen the loos at weekend music and re-enacting events :yuck: .........and bought a bucket and biobags just for a bit of clean privacy before now. :eek:

I can understand the appeal for events like that. I heard that the biggest problem is finding the bags at a reasonable cost though.

Can't imagine carrying one into the woods however.

I do know of at least one archaeological excavation on a SSSI where the team had to lug the porta loo and it's contents back down the 2,000 foot hill every night. Apparantly the addition of so much human manure and nitrogen rich urine would have had a detrimental effect on the fragile ecosystem.
Bet they'd have loved this to carry instead :cool:

cheers,
Toddy

ForgeCorvus

Nomad
Oct 27, 2007
norfolk
Reviews are always good

I might have a problem with the box itself, I'm right at the top of the safe working load :D

Do they do a F@t B*****d version ?......should we lobby for one ?

Bravo4

Nomad
Apr 14, 2009
New Mexico, USA
I suppose if for event use, a folding cardboard 'privacy shield' could be an accessory.
I wonder what they do with all the frozen turds on Mt Everest? There are some nat. parks in the u.s. desert SW where you are required to pack it ALL out, usually when camping near waterways. The Colorado river thru Grand Canyon for example. Lg groups sometimes use a 'groover', old .50 cal ammo can. Sm groups or individuals will use 'poop tubes' made from a short/wide piece of pvc plumbing pipe with threaded end caps.

the picture on the website, with the young guy reading the paper,,,some kind of photo-shoot that must have been

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Quick and easy "portaloo"..
Take one plastic bucket with lid ("nappie bucket" or home brew bucket) and one roll of wastebin size bin liners (preferably degradable ones). For liquid waste a Nalgene bottle with a wide neck is ideal
Use the bin liners to line the bucket and use the bucket for mainly "solid waste".
Tie the bags tightly after use (make sure that there is as little air in the bag as is possible) and store in the bucket until you can hygenically dispose of the used bags (can you use doggie do bins?)
Sterilise the bucket before you put it away between trips.....

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.
Yes I have a SBx and used it recently on a Loch Shiel canoe trip. Beats stooping for the poop thing!

I put the idividual sealed brown bags in a bin bag inside a black dry bag. Leaves no trace.
Alan

PS My avatar shows its use at Loch Lomond last year.
PPS By coincidence my supply of replacement bags arrived today and with postage they work out at 40p per bag.

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
Yes I have a SBx and used it recently on a Loch Shiel canoe trip. Beats stooping for the poop thing!

I put the idividual sealed brown bags in a bin bag inside a black dry bag. Leaves no trace.
Alan

PS my avatar shows its use at Loch Lomond last year.

I'm never going to look at your avatar the same again :eek:

welshwhit

Settler
Oct 12, 2005
Mid-Wales
When I used to do a spot of big wall climbing, I found the humble paper bag very effective! But must admit aiming was sometimes a problem. . . .

I like the idea of this though if there was more than one of you, or maybe it could even coak my wife into the great outdoors!!

Drew

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
When I used to do a spot of big wall climbing, I found the humble paper bag very effective! But must admit aiming was sometimes a problem. . . .

Drew

Ahh...big wall climbing and the mythical poo tube, made of a bit of capped drainpipe and as few plastic layers as you were brave enough to try.

The first rule of poo tube is....never talk about poo tube... :eek:

Stingray

Feb 25, 2009
Kent
Always carry one on the bike at rallies and roadtrips.Good sturdy piece of kit.:D
Portaloos usually descend into medieval status after a day and the woods are full of drunken wandering people ;) When you've gotta go.....

welshwhit

Settler
Oct 12, 2005
Mid-Wales
Ahh...big wall climbing and the mythical poo tube, made of a bit of capped drainpipe and as few plastic layers as you were brave enough to try.

The first rule of poo tube is....never talk about poo tube... :eek:

Ahhhh the memory of poo tubes. . . .

We made ours out of a fruit juice bottle, surprisingly effective!
Heard the worrying shrieked call of 'below!' one day only to see someone elses loaded poo tube attempting to reach terminal velocity above us, all we could do was hug the cliff and hope! Thankfully the climbing gods where kind that day, not sure I could of explained to his old mum that one. . . .

Another rule I think should be enforced. . . never offer the loan of your poo tube. . . .

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I'll go with John on that , but with supermarket carrier bags .

Too many of the carrier bags have holes in them - either through the shops being worried about people using then as suffocation/glue sniffing devices or from plain bad build!
I worry too much about bag failure to trust them these days....

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
Actually this reminds me of a little story I was home looking after the dogs wife at work!. I went to the shops to get my lunch and took the dogs along any how I got my bread rolls and chicken and started to eat the rolls walking home the dogs about half way decided to cr8p so I checked my pockets no doggy bags left them at home so I used the plastic bags around the bread rolls.
Continued to walk home carrying tu*ds and all.
Went to the green bin to throw away the mess and it was stuck to my hand!! What I had forgotten and was blissfully unaware of is that bread rolls here in the Netherlands come in breathable bags ;) basically they have holes in to let out the moisture!!

Bah!!:sulkoff:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE