Sgian Dubh No3

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I made this Sgian Dubh for a friend of mine to give to her partner as a birthday gift :eek:
The handle is bog oak, with reindeer antler bolster and damascus steel blade. The sheath was made by the other half-goat!
I chose to make the handle slighly longer than a traditional Sgian Dubh handle, as he said he would be using it to skin rabbits etc and I thought it would be easier for him to hold while using it!
The bog oak was a bugger to work with :banghead: took me forever to hand sand it into any form of shape, but I got there in the end!!
My friend seemed to be over the moon with it anyway, so lets hope he like it too!! :confused:

Thanks for looking :eek:

Fionn.

cimg3034d.jpg

cimg3033r.jpg

cimg3032r.jpg

cimg3031g.jpg

cimg3030.jpg

cimg3029b.jpg

cimg3028x.jpg

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
I really like that. It looks so Celtic. Very cool.
May I ask where you get them nice little blades for those?:)

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I've never seen the draw of bogoak myself but actually, the damascus and antler sets it off beautifully :) Your patience has paid off with the sanding, it looks stylish and ergonomic. Your knives are lovely... understated and classy!

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
Very, very nice, talent runs in the family I seegoodjob Having an incredibly talented leather worker within arms reach must be great too:D

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
That's a cracking job, he'll be over the moon to get that as a prezzie. Beautiful blend of materials and form, and the level of workwomanship is stunning, bog oaks not an easy material to work. Lovely piece, GB.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE