Sew Kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ottar

May 29, 2005
TA 272101
Does anyone know where I could get a good bushcrafty sew kit from (preferably on-line)?

I'm looking for a sensible selection of needles, not over the top though; it will be for repairing clothing and kit, not making doilies and/or storm jibs. Also some strong thread, a needle threader, some pins, and possibly a thimble. All contained in a nice pouch.

Thanks in advance.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
you'd be better off making your own from scratch, you can pick the kit you want in it, and won't end up with a load of old rubbish that will go straight in the bin. How about an altoids tin to store it all in, and stop the rattle by putting some spare cloth in for patch repair

Spamel

ottar

May 29, 2005
TA 272101
I had thought of that, but I know if I start putting together my own I'll get the urge to make a leather pouch for it, which, me being the absolute perfectionist that I tend to be, will take many attempts and much more time than I have.

Saying that, I feel myself getting more and more tempted.

Next will come antler and bone needles :eek:

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
ottar said:
Saying that, I feel myself getting more and more tempted.:eek:

Go one, you know you want to.

You cant beat DIY, you will have something that you know wont let you down, and think of the satisfaction.

Go on, dare ya :D :D :D

ottar

May 29, 2005
TA 272101
Chopper said:
Go one, you know you want to.

You cant beat DIY, you will have something that you know wont let you down, and think of the satisfaction.

Go on, dare ya :D :D :D

Must. Resist.

Nope, it's no good, I can't. I'm weak.

Go on then, what do you all keep in your sew kits?

Bearing in mind it took me three weeks and 12 attempts to make a match case, or as most people would refer to it 'a tube', this may take me some time :rolleyes:

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
The saani chap in the last RM series had quite a handy looking sew kit, made from a piece of hollowed out raindeer horn I think. Maybe an idea for you?

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
sandbender said:
The saani chap in the last RM series had quite a handy looking sew kit, made from a piece of hollowed out raindeer horn I think. Maybe an idea for you?
Don't! I already have a perfectly good sewing kit, what do you want to go making me make a new one? Honestly :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE