Server Problems?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

UKHaiku

Forager
Dec 27, 2007
York, UK
Just wondering if anyone else is getting the site lagging really badly sometimes?

In fact, there's been a couple times the site seems to have crashed even - been unable to load even the main page...

I thought it might be my connection/router initially - but all other websites are working fine at the time I'm having these problems, which isn't frequently, but maybe a couple times in an evening...

:dunno:

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I can't say that I have noticed anything out of the ordinary. My work network is pretty clunky, but I think of any intermittent problems with the site loading even on that. None at all at home.

Puzzling.:confused:

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
yep .. happens quite regularly..... which is a pain as when i quit and come back in later the "new posts" button only shows posts since i crashed out, not the ones before that that i never got to read because of the crash..

I tried making a note of when it happened to see if it was certain times of the day (there's a similar issue being discussed on BritishBlades - their american based server slows down when the americans get up, and when they get home from work and all log on) Seems to me it can happen at any time of the day :confused:

Mirius

Nomad
Jun 2, 2007
North Surrey
Happens to me all the time. The server just stops responding. Sometimes it can take ten minutes or more before it will send a new page.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Never noticed anything at my end, sometimes the front page can take a second or two to load but after that it`s fine.

Rich

Mirius

Nomad
Jun 2, 2007
North Surrey
I think it may be a Firefox problem. I've been waiting for a thread to come up for about five minutes. Went into IE and it came up immediately. Still waiting for it in Firefox...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE