Serratas reduced to 210 pounds.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Very cool! Unique endeavours in the knife market usually end in fugly tacticool trash sold to the Americans (no offense boys but it's true lol).

This however is actually looking to be decent and inspiring. Well done.

Not to dig at spyderco, but do not let them take over. This is yours! I watched years ago as the pits knife went from home grown talent and innovation to just another hole ridden thing for spyderco to profit from.

(I think the weather is bringing out my cynicism lol)

zackerty

Nomad
Dec 16, 2004
Christchurch...New Zealand
Celebrating the end of the pre heat treat grind...
46603-grass-serrata-jpg

zackerty

Nomad
Dec 16, 2004
All 125 HTed, and 40 ground ready to assemble, and not enough Corbys..ah well..
First 15 or so will be black canvas Micarta, and then I will purchase more handle material...and 230 Corby bolts, which arrive end of January...

zackerty

Nomad
Dec 16, 2004
I am still busy working on the knives between driving long distances relocating rental cars, painting the kitchen and stairwell, and going for job interviews...

I am sanding handle scales today, and hope to etch the blades, make the Kydex sheaths, unless you want to do your own sheathing for those folk that can do Kydex stuff??

Reactions: Nice65

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
This however is actually looking to be decent and inspiring. Well done.

I watched years ago as the pits knife went from home grown talent and innovation to just another hole ridden thing for spyderco to profit from.

The Serrata is already legendary, has been for years, and it's been produced in close collaboration with Spyderco in the past, I hope Stuart did well out of it. This new batch are looking very fine indeed, I do wish I'd nicked Fluffys green micarta version and changed my address and phone number :D

Regards the PITS folder, Spyderco gave Mike a great opportunity to develop the knife into something special that Mike couldn't have done on his own without the Spyderco input. Sal is a businessman, but ultimately he's a knife lover. I've handled all the Pie In The Sky knives so far and reckon the Spyderco version to have the best blade geometry and the most pleasing lines of all. We're dealing with masters at work here who are proud enough of their projects to get in close, talk, and design to encourage a wider appeal. I see this as a good thing for all concerned.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE