Seller Refusing Refund

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost in civilisation

Feb 19, 2005
england
I'm sure hes delt with the problems, and besides the forum has given him the seal of approval.I think anyone trying to buy and sell on from here is kidding themselves. Most of the time, a reasonable price item + postage+ effort +postage on +ebay fees = a lot more than its worth.

Plenty more profit in it when you try to bully the original seller into giving a partial refund despite the fact the photos were an accurate representation :cussing::cussing:

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
Hello all,

Having flipped the now “well looked after” GB SFA (amazing what a bit of elbow grease and a bit of linseed oil will do) for a modest but quick profit on the Bay of E, the OP has now attempted to delete his opening rant against the original seller.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gransfor...oghsroS9KwUfsyNY9LdZc%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Getting £77 plus postage for an axe which until recently was around that price new - £100 seems to be the going rate now seems a pretty good deal. I note from the listing that despite claims to the contrary, the OP does not accept returns.

I think it is safe to assume that the previous threats of legal action against the original seller are now over but perhaps an apology or at least an acknowledgment that the original post was a bit of an overreaction would have been a better way of concluding things rather than just deleting/sabotaging his own thread.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Having flipped the now “well looked after” GB SFA (amazing what a bit of elbow grease and a bit of linseed oil will do) for a modest but quick profit on the Bay of E, the OP has now attempted to delete his opening rant against the original seller.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gransfors-Bruks-Small-Forest-Axe-Sweden-Swedish-Bushcraft-Camping-Hatchet-/253602484972?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&nma=true&si=%2B6DbPioghsroS9KwUfsyNY9LdZc%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Getting £77 plus postage for an axe which until recently was around that price new - £100 seems to be the going rate now seems a pretty good deal. I note from the listing that despite claims to the contrary, the OP does not accept returns.

I think it is safe to assume that the previous threats of legal action against the original seller are now over but perhaps an apology or at least an acknowledgment that the original post was a bit of an overreaction would have been a better way of concluding things rather than just deleting/sabotaging his own thread.

That action speaks absolute volumes about the OP.

I seriously doubt that an apology would be offered or even considered by them, they'd rather scuttle off and lay low hoping folks will forget about it.

Reactions: woodstock and MrEd

Birch Axe

Apr 28, 2018
The Woods
Though I do agree the original poster was in the wrong here I am personally not particularly comfortable with the continued 'bashing' they are receiving, especially if he is as young as it seems. We are grown adults and should really be taking the higher ground here.

IMO it is somewhat hypocritical and doesn't reflect well on what is a otherwise wonderfully friendly and helpful forum.

Just my view.:)

Reactions: Chainsaw and Janne

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
OP went back and edited post. This was reported by several members as making the whole thread non-nonsensical. I am not comfortable with the bashing either, I was glad when this slipped off the radar. I am equally not happy with leaving the thread with the opening post all cleared out, not after the OP bought the axe for £60, (a £40 saving), and after claiming that its condition was such that he should get a refund, he sold it on Ebay for £82.

So, opening post has been restored. Thread locked.

If anyone has any particular objections to specific posts, get in touch with the moderators and we can look at pulling them, but I haven't seen anything that stands out much.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE