self inflating mats.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

honisoitquimalypense

Sep 14, 2015
oxford
been using a thermarest that is over 20yrs old with plenty of patches that no longer self inflates and been horrified by costs of new superlight replacements. usage is all season with ultra low temps now and again with always a roll matt under as well. anyone out there used any of these decathlon quecha products around 25quid. or other suggestions but i aint coughing up 120 quid. thanks in anticip.

jonlloyd

Jun 21, 2014
United Kingdom
I got a British army 3/4 thermal self inflating mat off £15 ebay its compact and worked great in my hammock. there are many more affordable inflatable mats out there, but thermarest seem highly rated, but i couldnt hand over 120 for one.

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
Perhaps Alpkit might have something for you? https://www.alpkit.com/featured/sleeping-mats

The Dozer or Dirtbag for late in the year, and perhaps the Airo for the Spring, etc. Of course the more expensive a mat, the better the R value for the weight/bulk, but the prices are reasonable for what you get at Alpkit, and the ME Helium's arealways on 'special' at Cotswold's.

Have a look at the price of the new Sea to Summit mats - apparently lovely to use, but start at £105, and then go up to £165!

Homesticksteve got there just before me!

Philster

Settler
Jun 8, 2014
Poole, Dorset
The Dutch Army inflatable mat is really good - very warm and comfortable. They appear on Ebay a lot and I got mine for £25 - it's a full length one, too.

honisoitquimalypense

Sep 14, 2015
oxford
not been over keen on issue matts. think lots cheap poorly made or maybe just been unlucky with batches i v seen. isnt that motto duke of lancs. theirs is the best translation by miles. difficulties be buggered. love that!!! but ordered an airo 120 shortie from alpkit. 30 quid. we ll see. thanx for help. thats the 2nd time this forum has helped me. cheers whoever the f runs this. if ever our paths x what you drinking?

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
The issue 3/4 mat is good for its money, i've used one for years with no problems. The later ones were made by Multimat which are a good company so the quality should be okay on all of them.

Tonyuk

honisoitquimalypense

Sep 14, 2015
oxford
kings....Difficulties be Damned lol

ah ha been out few yrs then. well at least you were well behind me the line. lol. mind you everyone was where we had da guns. lol. no doubt some1 will post oh no cos the beeb and the other news lot always say lifes go front. wrong. RHA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if guns. 3rd without. senior airborne as well. oooh f ing rah. regards oh and thanks for ur advice ref matts.

honisoitquimalypense

Sep 14, 2015
oxford
issued have to be returned and most older ones dog poo. someone said they made in china yrs back. dont think nato kit ever was chinese made way back. have taken advice. 30 quid alpkit. see how it goes. cheers

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
ah ha been out few yrs then. well at least you were well behind me the line. lol. mind you everyone was where we had da guns. lol. no doubt some1 will post oh no cos the beeb and the other news lot always say lifes go front. wrong. RHA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if guns. 3rd without. senior airborne as well. oooh f ing rah. regards oh and thanks for ur advice ref matts.
lol, yep, got out in 92

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE