second bowie knife under way

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
the blade is complete apart from a final sand, made from 6mm o1 and with a 7" blade. i started on the handle this morning and at this stage so far. brass guard followed by black kydex and yellow fibre spacer then linen micarta, spacers then brass, spacers and either leather? or olive canvas micarta?
im trying to decide if the second brass finger rest will need pinning? or the handle material will hold it securely? all the slots were drilled then filed by hand

Tuscor

Tenderfoot
Mar 12, 2014
Bristol
Brilliant stuff mate, going to be a handsome handle. Pin both finger rests I reckon - I've got no professional experience to base that advice on, but it just seems more secure and bomb proof to me :)

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
almost finished a sheath for it. probably not the fanciest sheath but im pretty new to leather work, managed to get a few tools to make things a little easier, new hole punches, an edge bevel tool and a stitching groover . i used a modified kitchen table fork as a stitch marker! i wanted the fastening to be quiet so went with sam brown studs and a replaceable strap (if/when it wares out) which is still drying so not fitted yet.
i did buy some better dyes this time, fiebings oil dye instead of the water based fiebings "institutional" stuff thats rubbish and it made a huge difference to the finish!
anyways here it is and please excuse the rubish pics my phone takes in poor light!

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Very nice and very impressive. Impressive handle too.
Is that a single bevel and a drastically increasing bevel angle at the tip or is it a bit cleverer?

Interesting cat for size system you employ

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE