I confess that I have always loved salty green stuff. Samphire is a delight, brassicas are dinner, nettles are good food, so is a plethora of the weeds.
I am a little fat lady but my diet's rich in good stuff.
I have become addicted to the Itsu seaweed thins. Happily have a pack a day ....look a biscuit is an occasional treat, I had one a week ago, but I don't really have a sweet tooth. I'm a good vegetarian, and savoury green stuff is much more appealing.
The issue is that the packs come with warning about not eating too much since it can affect your thyroid......now I mind as a child happily eating the kelp, chewing on the stalks, and for years I have said to folks that there are no poisonous seaweeds round out coasts (well, in sewage free areas) and reading the wee sachet of lovely tasty green munchiness this afternoon it occurred to me that I don't know how much seaweed we can actually safely eat.
Anyone know ?
I am a little fat lady but my diet's rich in good stuff.
I have become addicted to the Itsu seaweed thins. Happily have a pack a day ....look a biscuit is an occasional treat, I had one a week ago, but I don't really have a sweet tooth. I'm a good vegetarian, and savoury green stuff is much more appealing.
The issue is that the packs come with warning about not eating too much since it can affect your thyroid......now I mind as a child happily eating the kelp, chewing on the stalks, and for years I have said to folks that there are no poisonous seaweeds round out coasts (well, in sewage free areas) and reading the wee sachet of lovely tasty green munchiness this afternoon it occurred to me that I don't know how much seaweed we can actually safely eat.
Anyone know ?