Searching for Machete Blank

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Dec 24, 2012
Nottingham
Hi,

Having made a few knives in the past I'm looking to try my hand at a machete fit for proper use, but can't find a blank anywhere.
Anyone know where I can find a decent Machete Blank?

Huge Thanks.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Blank? No mate. But you can buy very good machetes for under a tenner. The handles normally need tweaking a bit though.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
As Hill bill says, you may be better off getting a complete one and removing the handle yourself to put a new one on

Dec 24, 2012
Nottingham
Alright, cheers guys, I guess I'll go with buying a complete one and tamper with it.
Would somewhere like Cold Steel Uk do the trick - theirs look pretty good, or would you recommend anywhere else?

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I'd recommend Tramontina as they can be had for less than a tenner and give you more options for them to be rehandled. The cold steel ones have plastic moulded handles, which would make it difficult. I have a CS and a Tramontina and the Tr is a better tool imo

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE