Scratched Blade

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
In my limited experience i would say not quickly :eek:

It does depend on what method you are using to sharpen the knife but hey they are all memory tags in my opinion ;)
Its a good thing its getting used mate If you want a knife to stay super clean shiney and sharp best leave it in the cabinet :)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Why would you care?

All my blades have sharpening marks above the cutting bevel (which admittedly I stop to a shine).

If it really bothers you, then rub it out with coarse wet and dry (240 grit) then work down the grades (400, 600, 1,000, 1,500, 2,500 etc) until you get it shiny enough. You will need to do the whole blade length though (both sides) to keep the finish even. Finish with a cloth or buffing wheel charged with green or pink buffing compound or jewelers rouge

Red

weaver

Settler
Jul 9, 2006
North Carolina, USA
I've scrached the blade of my knife (non-cutting), where its slipped on the stone. How do I get rid of them?

That knife is forever ruined, you should buy a new one and send that to someone deserving who will love it even with the ugly scratch.

And be more careful from now on! :slap:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE