Scouts and Scouters on BCUK

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
Hi there, I am and Explorer Scout Leader, and troop assistant with one of our feeder groups, which really helps getting them to join us.

Anyway what do yo mean too old? :eek: I am 51 and can be just as badly behaved as a 13 year old :D

PS I can't get your link to work

Mr_Rimps

Forager
Aug 13, 2006
Hampshire
I'm an explorer scout leader too....must check out the leaders chatter forum and see what I've been missing.....and I agree with Zodiak, I too can be 13! :lmao:

andy_pevy

Tenderfoot
May 5, 2006
Sandhurst
Hi

Currently an ASL, but have been an SL in the past. Moved house, gave up Scouting for far too many years and recently realised what was missing from my life!!. Taking my lot out for a Bushcraft camp at the end of the month, if I can drag them away from their Game Boys or the Internet. Oh, physical age 48, behavioural age, about 13.

Bosun

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 30, 2003
Gloucester, UK
Got suckered in to - sorry, I volunteered ;) - becoming an ASL about three years ago when my son was in Beavers.

I joined Cubs in 1968 and stayed through to 1980 when I was a Venture Scout Leader.

You are by no means too old at 18. I'm 47! What about Scout Network or - dare I say it - taking out a Warrant?

Stoker37

Aug 7, 2005
Rotherham
Wocha

I joined cubs at eight and never left. I’m now thirty one. Currently I’m DSL and SL and see it as my mission in life to upset our cub leaders by having far to much fun with their cubs :lmao: .

I have to confess that my troop get a steady diet of bushcrafty things. But then they have always freaked out over sharp stuff and fire.

Your never to old for scouting but some leaders are far too boring!:twak:

S

Scouter

ASL in West Mids.
Never left, from Cubs to 36 and still going strong.

Scouter

W

Winston Dover

I was a scout and venture scout before getting involved in the design of the Network. I was a cub scout leader and am now working with scouts.

Also, I am the chairman of the local scout camp site and am trying ot steer some areas for bushcrafting in to the plan.

At 33, I am proud ot say i can revert to 12 or 13 at a moments notice.

Tipi

Jun 14, 2006
Wondering Wizard, UK
will check out the leaders section, even though i'm not a leader!!, although i am a youngleader, does this qualify me??
sorry for those who cant access the link, but it works when i click it, if not try coping and pasting it into the address bar

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
Tipi said:
will check out the leaders section, even though i'm not a leader!!, although i am a youngleader, does this qualify me??
sorry for those who cant access the link, but it works when i click it, if not try coping and pasting it into the address bar
Its a public forum so jump in, you might even get some ideas to take back to your section. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE