'Scout style' cross draw sheath

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tom Gold

Forager
Nov 2, 2012
Scotland
www.thetreeline.co.uk
Have never liked the 'tactical' looking black plastic sheath on my Mora Bushcraft - an otherwise superb bit of kit so made myself a new one.

I'm new to leatherwork and the finish is a bit rough but wet forming the leather has given it a pretty snug fit.

dsc_0207-1.jpg

dsc_0205.jpg

wailohac1uazdpnwkixwnat2vjnxy1-trvhbub03jmkw614-h541-no.jpg

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Looks good, Tom, I like a cross-draw sheath and you're right, the plastic ones are grim items indeed......Put a bit of wax on that and the finish will be perfect after a little bit of use :)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
That's a good 'un. I do like that style, and as Macaroon says with a bit of wax and a polish (if you like that - and I do like polished leather) and it'd be 10/10 from me.

Tom Gold

Forager
Nov 2, 2012
Scotland
www.thetreeline.co.uk
Thanks for the encouraging words Doc. New to leatherwork in this case means its my fourth piece, got a wallet, phone case and wrist band behind it. The bar is set pretty high on this site which is why its so nice getting responses like these.

Next project: Full period piece Musketeers outfit complete with enormous felt hat!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE