Scottish Academy of Music

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

weaver

Settler
Jul 9, 2006
North Carolina, USA
Yes Toddy,

Thanks, that is it! She is trying to find out if they accept students from American "Study abroad" programs. She would like to study there for one term or semester.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Give me a couple of days (I'm out all day tomorrow) and I'll see what I can find out.
All I do know is that it is a Conservatoire, and they have very different application processes (by audition) and that I believe that this year, 2008's, auditions for starting this Autumn have already been completed.

I'll pm.

cheers,
Toddy

Moff8

Forager
Jul 19, 2004
Glasgow
The better half is a music teacher here in Glasgow, she has confirmed end of October was the last day for applications. They do however allow overseas students to apply later - your instrument can also make a difference, if they need a bass player for thier Jazz band for instance.

She did mention that it depends on the course as well. BA performance was October but the BEd teaching is this week or next. She is going to call me back this morning with the number to call for each course, they have different admin staff dealing with applications.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:You_Rock_ That would be excellent Moff8, I don't know much more than the little I said, but was happy to phone up and ask for details. This way someone who *knows* gets really relevant info. :D

cheers,
Mary

weaver

Settler
Jul 9, 2006
North Carolina, USA
Thanks very much for any help.

She plays Celtic wire harp on a fine copy of the Downhill. She has taken classes with
Ann Heymann who recommended the RSAMD. She would like to research and study historic Celtic music for one term and perhaps do her masters or doctorate if it is a good fit, not looking to just be in a band.

Of, course she could explain much better than I but none of her e-mails seem to get answered. I'm just the meddling dad who won't let dead horses lie without an extra poke.

Moff8

Forager
Jul 19, 2004
Glasgow
Found out why your emails aren't getting answered. They are holding auditions at the moment and the place is bedlam apparently. You get through to reception but then get passed to voicemail no matter who you ask for :( . I guess the BEd stuff is this week.

She did get through to admin who suggested that you go through the UCAS website http://www.ucas.ac.uk or the music specific www.cukas.ac.uk

She is at a Music meeting tomorrow. I will ask her if she can find out any more.

weaver

Settler
Jul 9, 2006
North Carolina, USA
Thanks,

I think there is no big hurry. Her college requires one term out of country study and she would like to do it in Scotland if possible.

Maybe she can line something up for next year.

I will forward this to her.

weaver

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE