Scotland - 7 days (I Need Your Help!)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

peterj

Dec 19, 2014
Cirencester
Hi,

New to the forum and I think I've came to the right place!

Essentially, a friend of mine and I want to complete a 7 day 'Bushcraft' Trip in Scotland and experience a bit of wilderness. We're both fairly experienced 'bushcrafters', and we're both ML qualified so we are used to being wet & cold! We're going to have a 'training' weekend in Oxfordshire to freshen up our skills too.

I've been trying to find a good route for us in Scotland. My initial thought was crossing through the Caingorms National Park, but after looking at an OS map, the entire area looks as if its covered in pine plantation!

We're looking for a remote, semi-mountainous but most importantly, quality and abundant woodland. You'r probably going to suggest Sweden or Canada, but we want to keep this local'ish!

If anyone has any suggestions then I would forever appreciate it.

Thanks
Pete.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi and welcome to the forum.
The Cairngorms is pretty famous/infamous for being pretty open and exposed. There is woodland but also a heck of a lot of open and mountainous terrain too Ben Macdui is the 2nd highest mountain in the uk and in the confines of the park. Have done a lot of walking, climbing (ice and rock), camping and snow-holing there. You'll find everything from shaded woods to high alpine type environments there. I'd give it a shot.
Cheers GB.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE