Scissor advice please?

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Pah! I still owe you for the amber! Just PM me a address to send them to and i'll get them off to you when I next go out, it won't be Monday a I've got to stay in for parcels, not even stuff for me, 3 boxes of Magic cards for the lads and a baltic amber and silver wee mouse broach for herself.

ATB

Tom

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Great thread with a great outcome; both no. 2 and no.3 look like really fine general purpose tools to me. Yes Hugh, the world is a lovely place :)

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
I braved the rain and the scissors went into the post at 9.30 so you should get them before the weekend. The top pair I recommend using as the sacrificial pair as there's nowt special about them except the Brand.

It brought me luck anyway as I had to truncate my charity shop bimble as I had too much to carry before I even left Accrington! 20 pieces of Denby for £10, craghopper trousers still with shop labels on £5, a compost kitchen bucket half full of old gauges and lumps of steel to use as mandrels for £1.50. Etc etc. next time ill take a proper man sized bergan!

ATB

Tom

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
No worries, glad to help. I'll pick up any more I come across and offer up for grabs any I don't really need myself. I have a tendency to end up with surplus stock with going to so many boots and junk shops.

ATB

Tom

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
Hav a pair of old dressmaking shears and a pair of nurses scissors at the allotment, its amazing how much between them we can cut neatly and quickly, good tools are always a joy to use, a bit of pleasure in everyday tasks.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Well, my best pair of scissors are Orvis Razors, at £30. For fly tying. But they are very delicate and I would only use them for fur and feather.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Yup, its worth getting the good stuff even if it needs some TLC, and the good stuff will respond to TLC.

Heres what's in my sewing box which happens to be next to me

image.jpg1_zpsd9vz6pz9.jpg

One pair of Wiss , one of the small pairs is good quality Japenese and the rest a mix of Nowills, Whiteleys, Wilkinsons, Rodgers and other old Sheffield firms. Two or three were bought new in sales but the rest from Boots etc.

ATB

Tom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE