Schrade Extreme Survival SCHF2SM

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Some of you may remember the SCHF1 I did a review on a couple of years ago. This one is the SCHF2SM, a smaller verion of the clip point SCHF2.

It comes in a similar sheath as it's big brother. Balistic nylon with a pouch on the front for accessories.

IMG_0647.jpg

It is a hollow handled knife machined out of one piece of steel. The hexagonal cap screws off to reveal a tool kit of various driver bits.

IMG_0648.jpg

IMG_0649.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

IMG_0650.jpg

The tool kit can be removed in order to use the space in the handle for other supplies.

IMG_0651.jpg

The semmetry of the handle makes it pretty comfortable in multiple grips.

IMG_0656.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

IMG_0657.jpg

The fresh from the box edge is nice and sharp.

IMG_0655.jpg

IMG_0654.jpg

Then after chopping through some hard seasoned Dogwood. The coating is wearing a bit now but the edge is still doing well, it's still sharp enough to shave hair. The circular handle can be a bit awkward to chop with but the knurling does help keep a possitive grip.

IMG_1118.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg

IMG_1120.jpg

IMG_1121.jpg

Then I chopped through a seasoned Cherry branch. The edge is still doing well afterward.

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_1124.jpg

IMG_1116.jpg

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
It reminds me very much of a CRK Mountaineer 1.
I had one, and sold it when times were a bit hard.
I might pick up one of these.

Mistwalker, All I have to say is WOW! That is an awesome knife and the blade shape is perfect imo. Nice one.

Thanks Davey, I think so too. I think this one is a good bit more user friendly than the larger one I have.

It reminds me very much of a CRK Mountaineer 1.
I had one, and sold it when times were a bit hard.
I might pick up one of these.

Yes, it is a very similar design, some say a bit too similar....but for those of us who can't afford the CRKs it is a great option. It's big brother proved itself to be extremely tough and I have no issues with owning them.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Excellent review again Brian goodjob

Do you think the handle will give you problems when it's warm and humid ?

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK

I've used a CRK and never had this problem. In fact the handle on teh Schrade looks more friendly due to the removeal of steel at the base of the handle. It was that part of the CRK that started to rub first.

Great prices on these too.

Thanks Rich!

No, when it's warm and humid...even with sweaty hands they're not bad at all (I have a lot of that here this time of year). It's the cold months with hi humidity I fear issues, as in possibly freezing to the hand.

Blimey, that is sooooo CRK. Excellent. Wonder when they'll be available over here.

They are pretty new but I'd think they'd be available there pretty soon.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE