Scandinavian breakfast woodenware

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
S5000543-1.jpg

Just finished the bowl out of Cherry, to go with the spoon and sycamore burr cup if you fancy looking at more pictures of the bowl, there's some in the blog http://woodsmancrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/kuksa-bowl.html

If you have any pictures of your foody carvings that you use daily or on camps feel free to add them here to help others with ideas.

Cheers,
Addo :)

Last edited:

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Lovely job that mate, nah it's better than lovely, thats a belter

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Thanks a lot for the comments, glad you like.
I'm all carved out now, think I might start playing with skins and bark again after seeing the excellent work by Patrick and others recently.

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Great piece of work Addo, a very nice size as well, colours are nice as you don't always get that much with cherry.
Think I might have a go at one myself, it won't be as good as yours but I like a challenge, with cherry I have had the usual splitting problem but think I have that covered now with help and advice from others on here.
Looks like I'll cut a couple of slices from this fella, one for me and one for Kepis as I know he likes a challenge. :rolleyes:
Wood004.jpg

I'm off to cut it up in a few minutes.

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Thanks again.

Great piece of cherry Hugo, same sort of bits I managed to get from the last job I did.
Look forward to seeing yours and Kepis's work.

bikebum1975

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Connecticut
Mate those are some very nice pieces that cherry is especially lovely. Hoping a couple buddies of mine have some luck finding me some cherry or the one across the street falls down LOL

Peat

Forager
Aug 29, 2008
West country
Gorgeous! Especially the sycamore cup. Such lovely contrast between the colours. I'd love to find meself a fresh burl one day. I carved a bowl from an almond burl last year when I was living in spain, but it was dead and I had to burn out the majority of it as it was just so hard. A real labour of love.
IMG_3742.JPG

IMG_3743.JPG

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Great stuff Peat, glad I'm not the only one too stubborn to give in on a difficult piece :)
Bikebum, hope the search proves profitable. I'll be needing some more wood myself soon as mines a bit dry now.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE