Scandinavia

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 20, 2010
Sweden
Hi there all...
Just wondering how many members here are living in Scandinavia? I'm a Brit living in Sweden and was thinking maybe we could get something organized over here.
Eventualy it would be great to get something bigger sorted when people from other parts of Europe could meet up over here in Europe's maybe last wilderness.........
Drop me a line and let me know..............

Mike

I live in the uk, but we spend about 2 months / year in Sweden and Norway ( I married a local ) Theres quite a few proper genuine Swedish members on here who seem really nice though who should be along soon. Where abouts are you?
By the way I'm just reading "Fishing In Utopia" good one for the foreigner in sewden if you haven't read it already.

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I'm living in Jämtland (geographically the middle of Sweden, the north by any other measurement).

I think one problem you will have with a meet is that the distances are greater than people form the UK are used to; it will take me 6 hours of solid driving (plus breaks) to get to Stockholm, just as an example.

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
Hey i spend about 6 weeks a year in Norway (Tonsburg) and Helgeshun (sorry phenetic - cant remember the spelling). Hopefully will be moving over there in the near future (as soon as i find a job in fact).
A meet sounds grand - although a good point made above and its easier to get from the uk to Torp, for example, than around a lot of scandinavia. Cheaper too!
:eek:)

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
I live in Smaland and dont see the problem with distances, we have meetups were people from Skane to Stockholm comes. I also have good friends more up north and them is perfect to have small meet ups when travelling up north.

Sweden has a excellent train and bus system wich is great when you want to travel longer distances in short times.

And to the Fins "Moi mukkulat"

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE