Scandi folder: PIC

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

michiel

Settler
Jun 19, 2006
Belgium - Herentals
I found a scandi folder. Looks nice!

folding.jpg

Regards,

Michiel

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
That is awesome. I don't think I've ever seen a folder that cries "Scandi" as much as that . . . wish I could get my hands on one!

dogwood

Settler
Oct 16, 2008
San Francisco
Being sold here....

http://www.cloudberrymarket.com/servlet/the-633/folding-knife,-folder-knife,/Detail

Something odd about the birch handles not lining up with the stainless though

linkku1.jpg

This folder is by Harri Merrimaa -- Woodsknife.

I've got a Woodskinife puukko that I just love -- it's my favorite right now, it's just terrific. I'm going to post a full review at some point.

Also, I've done business with Cloudberry (no relation, etc.) and found them to be good -- don't know if they ship to UK, though.

That said, I agree the craftsmanship on this closeup of the folder is odd -- the finish around the pins (screws?) in back is rough. The part where the birch doesn't match the metal looks like the liner lock to me... The whole knife has the look of a prototype to me, and that might be what it is.

My Woodsknife puukko is wonderfully finished, so I doubt that this is the knife he ships.

In any event, I'm not wild about larger folders and prefer fixed blades. Small folders, I like though... little Schrades and Cases...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE