Saw another forum member sitting in a tree!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
On a wet day in Scotland a few months ago I had the pleasure of watching some of these little critters skipping about in the trees. One of my favourite British animals - in the past I've travelled to Brownsea Island (more than once) just to see them. I understand there is a thriving colony in Formby.

scottish_red_squirrel.jpg

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Happy little Red!

(Can I nick that photo pretty please Hedgepig?)

Red :D
Oh - yes there are loads in Forby and, interestingly, on Altcar range. Once saw one when slogging down 700 yards to the butts and a little guy was sat easting an acorn. Kind of looked at me tame as you like as if to say "mornin" and kept eating his nut :)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Hey if he wants to sit in a tree with both hands on a nut, he can!

Tis a cracking pic though huh?

Red

I hope that isn't his winky popping out! :eek:

:theyareon At first I thought that was what it was, but I was thinking that it might have been one of this years brood and it might be the stub of an umbilical. I don't know enough about squirrels to know. Any experts out there? :naughty:

Oh - yes there are loads in Forby and, interestingly, on Altcar range. Once saw one when slogging down 700 yards to the butts and a little guy was sat easting an acorn. Kind of looked at me tame as you like as if to say "mornin" and kept eating his nut :)

Probably shell shocked :BlueTeamE

It's a fantastic pic, but a quick session in photo shop to add a posing pouch would make it easier to look at!

Let's not go there ;)

His lickle head would make a great avatar though if hedgepig is kind enough to let me :D

PM sent:)

Clark

Forager
Jul 18, 2007
Aberdeen
I'm afraid i found one of these by the side of the road at the weekend, flat. Seems to be getting more and more frequent round here. Only time i really see them is by the side of the road which is a real shame as theres plenty of greys that i'd love to be in their position.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
I'm afraid i found one of these by the side of the road at the weekend, flat. Seems to be getting more and more frequent round here. Only time i really see them is by the side of the road which is a real shame as theres plenty of greys that i'd love to be in their position.

I think the flip side of that Clark is that in general the more critters that you see squished then the healthier the general population :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE