Sappy Tarp?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Javapuntnl

Need to contact Admin...
May 2, 2009
Mansfield MA USA
Kind of a random problem but I had my tarp up under some pine trees a while back and they decided to drip quite a bit of sap on it. No big deal but it now every time I use it it get my fingers all sticky... It is a DD tarp, would it be OK to throw it in the washer? Whould this take it of?

Thanks,

Jacob V.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'd do it by hand in the bath or a sink if I was you and then hang it out to dry, I don't think normal washing powder would take off the stickiness.

Toothpaste and cooking oil are supposed to be good for getting sticky sap off and then a wash with normal soap and water. It could take some time if the tarp's totally covered but it should do the job.

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
a washing machine can ruin the coating or seperate it from the fabric like an old rucksack. first find something which will take the sap off such as washing up liquid, warm water and a sponge and if it works then stick in a bucket or bath and agitate it properly to disolve the sap, I'd string it out in the garden to rinse it off.

Javapuntnl

Need to contact Admin...
May 2, 2009
Mansfield MA USA
What about sticking the tarp in the freezer fora few hours and brushing it off?

Took the tarp out of the freezer today, worked like a charm! Thanks Dwardo.
Seems from the suggestions that removing sap is a lot like removing chewing gum, wonder if peanut butter would work...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE