Santa's bivvy bag.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I made this bivvy bag last week. The top layer of the bag is waterproof and breathable coated ripstop polyester Pertex, the bottom layer is an unbranded (cheaper) coated ripstop polyester. I used a cheaper fabric for the bottom as it doesnt have to be as breathable.
I took the dimensions from an Alpkit hunka XL and made it a little wider and longer with a bigger entrance. I'm happy with the fit, its easy to get in and the hood cinches up well on my bonce. Drawcord is 1mm dyneema. Total weight including the old DPM poncho stuff sack is 396 grams. Total cost for the fabric was about a tenner for the pertex and a fiver for the santa red stuff.

25122010129.jpg
[/IMG]

25122010133.jpg
[/IMG]

25122010130.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

salan

Nomad
Jun 3, 2007
Cheshire
That looks great.
Could anyone suggest a bivi bag (say example on ebay?) for me Not wanting to pay a huge amount.
And I am a BIG guy (NOT tall lol. Short, fat and hairy was one description of me!!).
Alan

Last edited:

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Thanks Salan, R3 and Nigel. :)

Will have to get out soon and test it.

This needs doing. I slept inside in it for 2 hours to check how clammy it felt and came out bone dry but these coated fabrics are terrible for condensation. I don't think it will compare to a goretex bivi for more than 1 or 2 cold nights.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE