Sami patterns

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I thought that too, Wayland, looking at the patterns you sent me. I dare say mine will turn out a bit different but it was an inspiration to see it. Colours are lovely ... not for hiding in the woods though :D. I've got some similar colour dyes so ... watch this space but don't hold your breath.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I found this - looking for summat else, as ya do - and want to do i as a hat. It's actually painting on glass but would make a grand round hat. Not sure whether to do it knitting or tapestry or ...

View attachment 14254

That looks beautiful - very bright but beautiful!
I love the rock art inspired designs!
I could not wear a hat that bright but on the right person it would look great :)
Perhaps a knitted base layer with Swiss Darning for the designs to raise them slightly?

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
I found this - looking for summat else, as ya do - and want to do i as a hat. It's actually painting on glass but would make a grand round hat. Not sure whether to do it knitting or tapestry or ...
I think a fair warning would be in order; I know there are some Sámi that do not like that people outside their culture to mix and distort traditional designs. Anyway e.g. the traditional Northern Sámi hats had only strips of different colour fabrics sewn together or strips of woven bands.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Colours are lovely ... not for hiding in the woods though :D.

You don't seem to do crytic colouration anyway Elen :lmao:
8346996290_08a260268e_c.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE