Sami - a gallery

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I dunno what it is that makes Samis so interesting and Brummies not, but there you go some fine pictures there.

Phoenixdown

Feb 8, 2012
Sweden
I live in sweden but never knew we had a group of people we could call our "Native american" (If you understand my line of tought, those who live in nature still). Great pictures thanks for posting this!

Phoenixdown

Feb 8, 2012
Sweden
Could not find the edit button. But in "the hunt" section of the gallery, what is that black cloth/mesh they have on the lower part of their face? Is it to cover their breath or protection from insects?

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I live in sweden but never knew we had a group of people we could call our "Native american" (If you understand my line of tought, those who live in nature still). Great pictures thanks for posting this!

Oh yes, that was very much not talked about when we went to school. Somehow the whole issue slipped the textbook writers mind...

And I live in the nominally biligual part of Sweden (Härjedalen). Still a lot of prejudice in some quarters.

Phoenixdown

Feb 8, 2012
Sweden
Forestwalker, think you could explain it to me a bit why there is prejudice against the sami. (do not quite understand why there is ill will against them)
Since i am not swedish in birth im having trouble understanding it, i honestly do find their way facinating tough.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE