Salami.

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
On skewers with tomatoes and chillie oiled mushys.

or

Lightly fry it to release the oils, whack in a packet of tomato pasta sauce in and add to pasta. Use the pouches that only need heating up, easy to store, no surplus packaging.

Cheers,

Alan

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
Yup, It makes army rat pack chicken and mushroom pasta taste edible. Salami is good with Scrambled eggs for breakfast too.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I don't get the salami and tomato thing, it seems because Ray did it everybody else follows unquestioningly! Personally, I will never try it as I hate tomatoes! A fine meal can be knocked up by frying it in chunks with some red onion and garlic, adding some chopped tomatoes (canned, I don't mind them!) and some rice towards the end. Serve with some nice crispy bread if you have it. When I was in Germany, I was able to get chopped tomatoes in a carton which is easier to pack and dispose of then cans.

The recipe isn't mine by the way, Scruff makes this on his Trangia perfectly and is his recipe, although I noticed HFW did it on one of his fishing programmes. I like to think he nicked the recipe off of Scruff!

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
I don't get the salami and tomato thing, it seems because Ray did it everybody else follows unquestioningly! Personally, I will never try it as I hate tomatoes!

I love fresh tomatoes, but I'd never put them in my pack... ;)

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
Chop it up small and toss it into some cooked pasta. Good with sauteed onions, pine nuts and pesto in it too.

The Lidl whole salami is really good value for money. The French saucisson sec is easier to carry around and taste great.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
I keep some Pepperami sticks in my PSK, as it stores well, provides a good intake of energy...... and I like it.

And so do fish! (Use it as bait).

peperami.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE