Said goodbye to my Dad

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
Rich, my sincere condolences. Losing your father hurts, I know. Other than to say I feel for you I think the best words I can write at such a time are not my own but words I heard quoted many years ago. They are good and true.

"None are ever truly lost if they are remebered in the hearts of those who loved them".

Keep well mate.

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
Rich, my thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time. I read this poem recently, which came to mind when I saw your heart-felt post:

Soon, I feel
the time comes near to leave.
With sunset shadings
screen the parting day.
Let the hour be silent; let it be peaceful.
Let not any pompous memories or meetings
create a sorrow's stance.
May the trees at the gate
raise the earth's chant of peace
in a cluster of green leaves.
May the night's blessings be
in the light of the seven stars.

from 'arogya'. rabindranath tagore. bengali poet & philosopher. (1861-1941)

T

TimB

Rich,

My condolances go out to you and your family.
Don't worry about posting your thoughs, were all here to support each other as friends (despite the electronicness of it all)

I lost my grandfather last year, he taught me most things about the woods and being outside. I still miss him, but strangly I keep finding myself smiling at things that remind me of him. i've also become more aware of his traits that I have...

Keep your chin up and remember all the times you spent together.

Tim

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
My sincerest condolences RR.
I'm glad you felt you could talk about it to us, friends matter too. It is greatly to your credit that you have dealt so well with such traumatic events.
They say time heals; it doesn't, but it does allow space for newer memories to fill up the 'now', and then grief becomes proportionate again. It comes in waves,
and all we can do is ride them out. I hope there's someone there for you just now.
:grouphug:
Toddy

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton

I'm very sorry to hear your sad news Rich mine and my families thoughts go out to you and yours at this very sad time, we have faced similar events in my family. theres nothing i can add to what has already been said.

deepest condolences

James

twelveboar

Forager
Sep 20, 2005
County Durham
Sincere condolances, and I hope you continue to cope with your loss. I'm sure every user of this forum has been touched by the words you have written. I hope things improve for your family soon.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Rich...........I have now been sitting here for quite a while trying to think what to write and have realised that nothing that I write can help take your hurt away and I am not too good with words anyway. I can advise that when you think of your Dad, try not to think of him after the accident, but remember him for who he was....................Jon

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Very sorry to hear this news Rich.

These days doctors involve relatives in decision-making much more. I suppose it's a good thing - although I sometimes think we are burdening relatives unnecessarily when it's pretty clear what the decisio should be.

After Sigurd Olson's sudden death from a heart attack, they found a piece of paper on his typewriter. It said 'A new adventure is coming up, and I'm sure it will be a good one.'

Bushcraft is a kind of brotherhood of the woods - your friends are thinking of you.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE