"Safe" kids fixed blade. ( NOW WITH PICTURE!!!)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave Barker

Nomad
Sep 15, 2003
Norway
www.brukskniver.net
I have had some interest from the states with regard to fixed blade knives for children. With help from a certain bushcraft type person, I have come up with a knife for a 5-6 year old. The blade is rounded at the end to eliminate the problem of the kiddy stabbing themselves or others. The cutting edge is sharp.

The blade has a length and 80 mm and the cutting edge is at 65mm.

The shaft is made of linden and measures 75mm long, it is tapered towards the end so that small hands can get hold of it.

The sheath is raw hide leather and is purposely made with a tight fit so that the knife does not fall out if the child runs with it.

(EDIT)I laid it out on my site last night so here is the picture.The colouring is better in real life!!
preview11.jpg
This is the only one I have finished. I have another blade ready to mount and another 2 on order. The shaft can be designed together with the person who orders it, so as to get things right.

Thanks for your time, and Tony, thanks for your help!
:lol:

Dave Barker

Nomad
Sep 15, 2003
Norway
www.brukskniver.net
Although the one in this thread has gone, I am in the middle of mark II. a slightly different design, handle length 80mm blade 75 with a 60mm cutting edge. Hooked slightly so that it fits small hands.

It's not been coloured as yet either, so if your interested then PM me or mail me, and we can sort out the fineties.

Cheers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE