Sabre fit Side Pockets

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
Good evening Kit Gurus

Having acquired a second hand Sabre 45 I was having a look around at pockets.

As side pockets appear to come in various degrees of "expense" what are the relative pros and cons of Standard PLCE vs Arktis vs Karrimor SF (forgetting Predator side pockets as they look to be twice the price!)

Am I right in thinking PLCE/SF are zipped lid where as Arktis are not but what about the clips, are they all the same?

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
cant comment on the arktis ones as ive never seen or had any,but the plce and k/sabre ones are same type of zips and clips,my personnel view is though the plce ones are better quality material,and tougher. yes lids are zipped on plce and sabre

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Arctic_Load.jpg

I got a pair of Arktis pockets from Kev at Endicotts.

I modded them slightly as you can see but I prefer the drawstring top with the clip down top to the standard PLCE zipped jobbies.

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
The issue PLCE kit isn't 100% compatible with the Sabre. They do zip on (which is the main thing I guess) but the buckles on the Sabre don't fit through the small retaining webbing on the outer of the PLCE pockets. The issue yolk buckles also don't fit the Karrimor side pockets either, you can push them in but there's no click.

Not major issues I guess if you're leaving you're pouches on all the time but could be a pain if your doing a lot of chopping and changing.

chris_r

Nomad
Dec 28, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
I have a DPM PLCE bergen with pouches and an OG Sabre 45 with Karrimor pouches and I agree that the PLCE pouches are a more robust material, and that the Sabre pouches don't quite fit the PLCE yoke, but you can fit the PLCE pouches to a Sabre 45 quite snugly. The only reason I bought the Karrimor pouches was because of the colour difference, but in retrospect I'm glad I did.

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
Thanks everyone. Wayland did you bother fitting clips as it looks from Kev's pictures as though the arktis pocket are plain straps?

Peter

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE