S. Wales tracking group anyone?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 4, 2005
Sunny South Wales.
Wenie said:
Please does anyone know if it'll be possible to get to Merthyr Mawr from the Cynon Valley on public transport...?

According to my timetable, there are no trains leaving the Cynon Valley before ten o'clock on a Sunday morning, so the odds of getting to Merthyr Mawr in time for the moot are very slim.

Wenie

Forager
Aug 4, 2005
S. Wales valleys
havingagiraffe said:
According to my timetable, there are no trains leaving the Cynon Valley before ten o'clock on a Sunday morning, so the odds of getting to Merthyr Mawr in time for the moot are very slim.
Thanks, Dave. :p You can give me a lift then. ;)

Wolfie

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 19, 2004
S.Wales
elma said:
I'll be there, Where is Merthyr Mawr :confused:

Merthyr Mawr is just South of Bridgend. There is a link to a map on the BCUK site that shows the location but I can't seem to find it at the moment.

The meeting point is at grid ref SS872773

Wolfie

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 19, 2004
S.Wales
No problem Nigel.

I'll put another post up today hopefully about the day. Got to go & do some work now!

Wolfie

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 19, 2004
S.Wales
If your'e planning on coming to the meet this Sunday here are a few things that may be useful to bring along.

Measuring tape - builders type will be fine
Notebook, pencil etc
Lunch and hot drink - there are no pubs / cafe nearby
Camera
Tracking stick if you have one - if you haven't don't worry its not vital
Waterproofs / warm clothing - we may have access to some shelter if it rains but this isn't confirmed.
Sense of humour / fun

Nigel

Forager
Dec 6, 2003
Carmarthenshire
Hi Duncan,

Thanks for taking the time out on your day off, it was a very interesting day at Merthyr mawr. I hope we can do it again sometime.

Thanks mate
Nigel

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Sorry I couldn't make it guys..... and it looks like I'll be unable to make it a regular thing :( ...... I'll try and pop down for the meets when I can. Ihoep you all had a good time :)

Ed

Wolfie

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 19, 2004
S.Wales
Nigel said:
Hi Duncan,

Thanks for taking the time out on your day off, it was a very interesting day at Merthyr mawr. I hope we can do it again sometime.

Thanks mate
Nigel

No problem Nigel. Hope you had a good day. Good to meet you and hope to see you again sometime. If you need any more info on any of those books just let me know.

Nigel

Forager
Dec 6, 2003
Carmarthenshire
Duncan,
Definitely will have to visit Merthr mawr again, I will have to bring the camera next time.
Oh the one book on the feathers, I was not able to find on amazon so if you could forward the title I would appreciate it.

Cheers
Nigel

elma

Sep 22, 2005
Ynysddu south wales
Hi Wolfie
Sorry I could'nt make it on sunday :( ( double booked with she who must be obayed ) hope everyone had a good time, is this going to be a regular event :rolleyes: if so count me in. :D

Wenie

Forager
Aug 4, 2005
S. Wales valleys
I was very disappointed I couldn't make it this time... :( Hope you all had a great day though, and I'll try my bestest to make it next time, if you have another meet! :D

Wolfie

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 19, 2004
S.Wales
Nigel said:
Duncan,
Definitely will have to visit Merthr mawr again, I will have to bring the camera next time.
Oh the one book on the feathers, I was not able to find on amazon so if you could forward the title I would appreciate it.

Cheers
Nigel

PM on its way!

bow drill

Oct 12, 2005
wales
just signed up so hi to you all
would like to get in to some tracking my self would ther be any chance of tagging along one day,
all the best
bow drill :) :confused: :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE