S.Wales meetup anybody ??????

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wolfie

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 19, 2004
S.Wales
Frogo said:
I usually got stuff I do on Sunday, can you give us some idea of the times for the meet…
Cheers.
Frogo

10am start? :?: Meet at Candleston Car Park. Finish when we finish!

Wolfie

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 19, 2004
S.Wales
Ed said:
Which one is the Candleston Car Park?

Ed

It's the main car park next to the entrance to the campsite at M Mawr. I havn't got a map to hand but I'll try and sort out a grid reference as soon as I can.

I'll be there in a white van with " WARDEN" on the side.

Any ideas about what people want to do during the day? It'll give me an idea about where to take people on the Reserve, or shall we meet up and see how things go?

Wolfie

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 19, 2004
S.Wales
Just to let everybody know what will probably be happening on the meetup. Generally it'll most probably be a meet and greet kind of day with most things arranged on the day.

Depending on the weather :roll: and what people feel like we should have time to walk over pretty much all of the site and have a look at most of the different habitats (sea shore to woodland and a lot in between)

Ed has offered to do a friction fire lighting demo :biggthump

Tracking will no doubt rear its addictive head at some point, as will the subject of edible and medicinal plants (the reserve has examples of approx. 300 different plant species - should be enough to keep us going).

I'm thinking of bringing my bushcraft book collection along (30 or so different titles). I know it can be difficult deciding on whether a particular book is any good without seeing it first and hopefully this may be of use to someone. I may even be persuaded to bring along my copy of Ray Mears' first book :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

I've got a few other things at the back of my mind that could also be thrown in depending on how the day goes.

If people were wondering about lunch, stoves are fine, but unfortunately open fires are not :cry:

If anyone else has got any ideas let me know and we'll see what can be done

outdoorgirl

Sep 25, 2004
nr Minehead
******. I'm already booked up that weekend. In fact I don't have a free weekend until the middle of May now!

Still, I'm sure there will be more of these! :)

See you later in the year, hopefully!

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Ed has offered to do a friction fire lighting demo
Actually dean offered.... but he can't make it now so it looks like I'll be doing it ;-) I'll bring a few different sets down for people to try and have a go themselves if they want.

Ed

Brynglas

I'm not too far from Merthyr Mawr, unfortunately I haven't been able to make it to the previous meets due to work comitments however I'd be interested in getting accross for a day out. I'll do my best to get there.

Further to this, I'm aware of a first class bit of (free) accomodation in Mid Wales, which is not only remote, but has access to a huge expanse of woodland and upland moor (and it's possible that camp fires can be accomodated). The bonus with this spot is that it can be used comfortably when the weather is bad and is reasonably placed for those from both the North and South of Wales to use.

If anyone would be interested in a get together sometime just PM me and I'd be happy to look at sorting something out. :eek:):

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE