Rutting Season=Anlters

Diving Duck

Oct 2, 2013
South Wales
I need Antler horns for Stick making, if you live not too far away from Rutting herd, can you please keep a look out for suitable horns and let me know, I'll pay reasonable asking price.
Thanks in Advance

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
You'll probably have more luck from March thru 'till May, as all except Roe shed then...............the Roe hereabouts have just about finished now, but the antlers are hard to find as the understorey is still up and they're difficult to spot........................atb mac

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
(reindeer dont.....sorry.....lol)

You'll probably have more luck from March thru 'till May, as all except Roe shed then...............the Roe hereabouts have just about finished now, but the antlers are hard to find as the understorey is still up and they're difficult to spot........................atb mac

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
DVD for scale.

azyna9ys.jpg

Biggest bits

2ebynahy.jpg

ymymedy6.jpg

Uilleachan

Aug 14, 2013
Northwest Scotland
Get up to deer stalking areas and buy a few local keepers a few drinks and ask. Most estates have literally sheds full of antler, if you phone or otherwise make contact through official channels the answer would likely be "sorry". Get chatting with the guy with the key to the shed and I'm sure there would be a bundle or two for a good cause, gratis or for a small fee. Many of these guys are sympathetic to country crafts, such as stick making. Now is a good time for antler being the tail end of the stag season.

Or, as others have pointed out, wandering deer forests in the spring (before the growth gets up) should turn up a few pieces.

Diving Duck

Oct 2, 2013
South Wales
Some weeks ago I had a bender made for me, I boiled and steamed a Black Buffalo horn bent to a market stick shape with a Elk horn spacer, fixed onto a Hazel Shank using threaded steel rod and epoxy resin, now the fun starts!!!, I have to sand and finish using Brasso and wire wool.

By then I hope to have a suitable camera and will have paid my membership here to post photographs.

Sold ;)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE