Rustlers Burgers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BigM

Forager
Jul 2, 2009
The West
Hi guys,

Haven't been around for a while due to college commitments.

As part of those academic endeavours, I'm just wondering if any of you guys have ever tried Rustlers burgers? It's just a bit of "field" research for a uni project.

No connection to Rustlers etc, just wondering what types of people eat them and why etc. Hope some of you can give me your insights.

M

:)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
You couldn't force me to eat one. We paid about £10 for a proper burger press and about a fiver for a "Spong" hand mincer. Never looked back. You can buy nice cuts of slightly fatty (self basting) meat, mix in flavours of choice (lamb and mint etc.) and press a burger that blows apart any forzen burger. As for that nuclear monstrosity..they would eclipse it.

Microwaving bread? Why would you do that?

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I've had them before and although they're not something you'd serve to your elderly mother or beautiful first date, they do serve as quick and easy meals for those who work very unsociable hours and need something hot to eat.

A disabled friend of mine chose this sort of microwave food as he was borderline wheelchair bound and couldn't safely operate a stove/oven. He was also a raving alchoholic and drug user so my attmepts to cook for him and advise a diet we a bit wasted..

Perrari

Feb 21, 2012
Eryri (Snowdonia)
www.erknives.com
Survival Food ! i.e. I would only eat it if my survival depended on it. Used to work with someone who ate them on a regular basis which is why I tried one ONCE!. I think my cat would walk away from it, and he eats most things.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I've tried them, middle of the night, manage to get off a chaotic ward for a quick break, heat up, smoother in ketchup and treat it not as food but just body fuel for the next couple of hours. Eight hours into a 12.5 hour shift from hell and you'll eat pretty much anything. I'd never think of buying one in a supermarket and taking home.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Have done once - My advice is: Only for if you've run out of everything - you've eaten the lone packet of smash, had the 3 yr old pot noodle. Opened the anonymous can with no label, experimented with ketchup as a meal... only then, once all other options are exhausted....only then I may consider eating a rustler

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
A packet of greasy crap, a mate forced one on me under the guise of lunch, three bits to make sure and the rest went in the bin, horrible tat, buy a bag of apples.

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Bought one earlier after reading the thread and the near total unanimous decison that they are sub-human food! I got the rustler BBQ rib burger, read the ingredients and I've seen far worse garbage in a tin of hotdogs, kebabs, and even greggs sausage rolls! so it's not actually that bad, it has no hydrogenated fats, palm oil or big nasties I'm familar with.

I will cook (LOL! microwave for 90 seconds) and eat it later and give an honest verdict :)

I totally agree with 'buy a bag of apples' though, and I will never give my children this soft of stuff.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE