Runt Arrives! My latest Allan Blade

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Personally, a few weeks ago I would have agreed with you Andy but now I am not so sure.

Kydex as a sheath material is rot proof, will not easily become a hoist to germs, will be more resitant to damage and stretching ect ect - it doesnt have the asthetics of leather but in the long run I think it might just pip leather at the post.

As for wooden scales going with leather - the Runt in its sheath looks ok to me but it you really dont like it why not use the kydex as a liner and stitch a leather sheath over it!! ?? That what I did with my first Mora classic.

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
I Know kydex may be better. I fancy a wood sheath but that runs into problems.
I don't mind the sheath for the mora. it doesn't seem to take as much force to put the knfe back in as other knives with plastic sheaths. The mora classic has a plasic sheath but doesn't have the problem either

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Very nice knife there John....once christmas and feb have been and gone i might be getting myself one...:roll:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE