Rule #32; Enjoy the Little Things

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Sat here with onion bread, still warm from the oven, a generous wedge of "block bomber" (king of cheeses) and a large serving of my daughters home made chutney

Life is good

rule-32-enjoy-little-things-l1.gif

:approve:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Life is Hugh.
I'm currently sat under a tarp with Sam and Pete in the middle of a tremendous hailstorm with a side order of thunder and lightning. Exciting stuff :D

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Sounds great Steve - I was stripping some varnish in my (metal roofed) workshop when the heavens opened - lovely to be snug and hear it coming down :D

Maybe a thought for a thread - "What little thing did you enjoy today?" - All our snowdrop's are out - two little things in one day :)

Best to the lads!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Satisfaction of a job well done - made 14 flint and steel kits, made a pouch for a buddy, cut 10 pouches ready for sewing tomorrow ... and lunch was crumpets :) with a good crumbly cheddar on one, home made pesto on the other.
Added to that Lis took the ball of yarn I had spun and knitted it into a square - to make a fully functional pot grab :)
Aye - the little things are good :)

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Stove full of free wood, kettle on top of it just starting to whistle gently, washing hanging from the Sheila's maid drying without needing a drier and enough diesel to keep the van going to work for the next month or so.
Its not bad.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Found the scraps of black wool, sewed the hat needed from them :approve: another thing off the tick list :)
Made up the trays of fat/seed/mealworm block and have just spent ten minutes watching the woodpecker in an absolute blur of colour and activity, wire right into one :D
Very dark and overcast today :sleeping: , we have sleety rain coming down now......I'm going to go make gingernuts :)

atb,
Mary

Bluebs4

Aug 12, 2011
Bristol
Beach this morning a fire and brew , this afternoon chopped wood for the stove it's all ready for roaring warmth and cold thatchers as swmbo is out ........oh and two day old chicken curry .

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Did a few trials of my new to me Coleman Exponent stove :D

Parcelled up some of yesterdays food shopping into more suitable sized pieces / portions and then vacuum sealed them for the freezer.

Next job is tonight's dinner ~ lamb and veg with homemade dressings ... and we'll soon to find out whether the pineapple and mint jelly was a good idea ;) .

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Pass us a ginger nut please Mary 😋
Well I enjoyed feeling the spray on my entire body whilst powerwashing the rv roof in a good wind . Felt alive and warm knowing we're a step closer.......

Glad y'all have had some 'moments' of enjoyment today. Gud elth :thumbup:
2e3a3y3a.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
block bomber?

Presumably Snowdonia's Black Bomber? Had some over Christmas was nice, I should restock.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Quite jealous of the black bomber. :)

Sat in a quiet house having put the kids to bed, spent the last two days away from them, rewiring some of the house electrics while they were at grandma's.

Last edited:

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Excellent news - does sound weird - but I really like Marmite flavoured cashews so weird can be good :)

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I made crabapple and chilli this year - thats nice too :) I think I'll make some sausage rolls this week and eat it up!

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Excellent news - does sound weird - but I really like Marmite flavoured cashews so weird can be good :)

Have you come across / tried Bread and Butter Pickle?

If you haven't it's well worth trying :D . I found a basic recipe a while back, happy to dig it out and lob it up on the forum.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE