Ruddy Hell, Not Again..!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
A while ago I bought an RAF surplus goretex jacket. It was in an unissued condition for just £30.
A bloody steal!
And a brilliant jacket.
However, it is heavy on the velcro, and heavy duty velcro at that.
Quite often the velcro on my right wrist strikes the velcro on the main zip area. Which means my right wrist gets stuck to my right bosom and my hand just hangs there limply.
This has gone from being whimsically entertaining to steadily annoying...

51857346382_ab7d76a6c0_w.jpg

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I’ve got one of those, but mine is so ancient the Velcro is totally stuffed with fluff. Good coats though, mine’s been superb.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I bought a set for Himself nearly ten years ago. It's still sound :) but you're right about the velcro.

What I did eventually was to make sure he knew where he wanted the velcro to fasten, then I unpicked the extra length at the wrist, cut that off and sewed back down the new end.

Sorted :)

birchwood

Nomad
Sep 6, 2011
Kent
Wander, you beat me to it, I was just going to say that. Had to do the same on the side of my pakboat. It has the hooked Velcro along the outside of the gunnel to attach the spray deck. The problem being that when nothing is stuck on it you get your knuckles rasped when paddling. So I found a length of fluffy Velcro to stick on there , problem solved.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE