Rough Close

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk
Was out on my bike this afternoon and accidentally discovered the location of Rough Close! Turns out it's less than 5 miles from my house at uni!
I remember there used to be meets here with BCUK members, but can't find any looking back through this board, since 2012. How come these died off?

Also does any one know if the woods of Rough Close are suitable for mountain bike trail riding? Haven't found any decent trail yet, and barely any good XC riding to ease my thirst for mud!
Either that or any good trail around the Coventry/Warwickshire area?

Dan

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
The back track would be ... _interesting_ ~ not good for speed but certainly technical ;) . The biggest issue is the likelihood of squishing something three foot tall and squeaky :yikes: .
The site's quite heavily used and not just at the weekend. Might be best to pop up of a Friday evening and knock at the reception door :dunno:

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk
Currently just reading. I had been planning to seek out a good local group but I've just not had time with everything else at uni (yes I know poor excuse considering I've been here 2 years!)

Posted by carrier pigeon

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I had been planning to seek out a good local group

What are you doing this Friday eve? I'll be on site if you want to come and have a natter ~ I'll even be able to introduce you to a good local group (as well as the right bod to ask whether you'd be okay to trail ride on site ;) ) :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE