Rough Close TORM event November 2010 Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Meet List:

By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet.

decorum
Sasquatch
Mesquite
Nolightweight
Snarf
Snarf's sniff
Twodogs (Arrive Sat morning )
Muddy Boots
Tank
Twocoals Quark
dave53
The Big Lebowski
Wayland
Cliv Poss + 1
Karl82
Istvan
JonathanD
Elines
TinkyPete (TBC)
Andy BB
Rychard (Arrive Saturday afternoon)

Sales / Trades / Swaps list:

decorum - sales - 3x 4" disco glitter balls - alum crystal (natural deodorant, styptic, aftershave etc) - Steel 'silver' Tins - Swedish Army Trangia (£5) - soap nuts.

Muddy - Desert DPM Goretx Jacket not issued. Its an XL or even slightly bigger after £30 for it.

Andy BB - Vango Peace Tipi 500 - Brand new - If anyone's interested I might also bring along a British Army No 2 Mk 2 Modified cooker - not a backpacker by any means.

NLW - Dutch issue kip mat and storage bag, 2 x US issue mess tin sets, UK Jungle issue sleeping bag, RAF Survival Knife, Ka-Bar (new, un-used) Interested parties attending the meet pm me for details etc.

Mesquite - Andywinkk super tarp 4.2 x 4.5mt £40, British Army goretex gaiters as new £15, Crook knife blade £20 (bought from one of the makers on here just can't remember who) DD hammock (if I can find it).

Twodogs , 6 x Leezo dehydrated rations , main meals I brought to many £ 2 each

Last edited:

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Meet List:

By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet.

decorum
Sasquatch
Mesquite
Nolightweight
Snarf
Snarf's sniff
Muddy Boots
Tank
Twocoals Quark
dave53
The Big Lebowski
Wayland
Cliv Poss + 1
Karl82
Istvan
JonathanD
Elines
TinkyPete (TBC)
Andy BB

decorum - sales - 3x 4" disco glitter balls - alum crystal (natural deodorant, styptic, aftershave etc) - Steel 'silver' Tins - Swedish Army Trangia (£5) - soap nuts.

Muddy - Desert DPM Goretx Jacket not issued. Its an XL or even slightly bigger after £30 for it.

Andy BB - Vango Peace Tipi 500 - Brand new - If anyone's interested I might also bring along a British Army No 2 Mk 2 Modified cooker - not a backpacker by any means.

NLW - Dutch issue kip mat and storage bag, 2 x US issue mess tin sets, UK Jungle issue sleeping bag, RAF Survival Knife, Ka-Bar (new, un-used) Interested parties attending the meet pm me for details etc.

Mesquite - Andywinkk super tarp 4.2 x 4.5mt £40, British Army goretex gaiters as new £15, Crook knife blade £20 (bought from one of the makers on here just can't remember who) DD hammock (if I can find it).

Twodogs , 6 x Leezo dehydrated rations , main meals I brought to many £ 2 each ..........SOLD

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Unfortunately last Saturday night my better halfs father had a heart attack and passed away late last night. So obviously I won't be coming to this one.... sorry folks. All food stuffs promised will now be brought to the NW meet in Dec.

Meet List:

decorum
Sasquatch
Mesquite
Nolightweight
Snarf
Snarf's sniff
Muddy Boots
Tank
Twocoals Quark
dave53
The Big Lebowski
Wayland
Cliv Poss + 1
Karl82
Istvan
Elines
TinkyPete (TBC)
Andy BB

Twodogs , 6 x Leezo dehydrated rations , main meals I brought to many £ 2 each ..........SOLD

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Sorry to hear about the Family, Jonathan D thoughts go out to you and yours. please pass on my condolences.

Unfortunately as I am on duty on Sunday morning it will be a shortened meet for me, only the Friday night and Saturday day, going to have to head back on Saturday night.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Thankyou very much folks. It really is appreciated. Now, all posts after this should be filled with good cheer and happy thoughts. And someone take pics please.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
First piece is almost finished - it's a usable prototype :cool: .

Which works quite nicely - hopefully it'll be cold this w/e :hatscarf:

Now for the shot glasses and thumb mugs ;) .

Well, the thumb mugs aren't quite thumb mugs - I reckon that they would come under the term 'Beaker Thingie' ;) . The pattern for the shot sized thingies worked quite niclely.

I have at the moment:
A working demo model 'Shot Thingie'*,
EDIT: Six sellable 'Shot Thingies'
Three sellable 'Beaker Thingies'

I'm in the process of sorting two more 'Shot Thingies' - now done and added to the list above :cool: .

All 'Thingies' are hot dip beeswaxed and have been tested for leaks :cool: .

Last edited:

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Which works quite nicely - hopefully it'll be cold this w/e :hatscarf:

Well, the thumb mugs aren't quite thumb mugs - I reckon that they would come under the term 'Beaker Thingie' ;) . The pattern for the shot sized thingies worked quite niclely.

I have at the moment:
A working demo model 'Shot Thingie'*,
Four sellable 'Shot Thingies'
Three sellable 'Beaker Thingies'

I'm in the process of sorting two more 'Shot Thingies'.

All 'Thingies' are hot dip beeswaxed and have been tested for leaks :cool: .

Post some piccies of them after the meet please, I'm intrigued. :)

Twocoals

Oct 9, 2010
Coventry, UK, Earth
Sorry folks.
I'm fairly sure I'm not going to make it.
Wife went for day surgery on Wed but is not being discharged until this morning because of complications.
Looking after her combined with daughter having lots of fits at the moment means I can't get away.
I was looking forward to my first meet :-(

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Back from yet another great meet at Rough Close :D

A special thanks to Phil (Decorum) for 'facilitating' the meet as usual and everyone who went and made is such an enjoyable time. Istvan, your goulash was delicious and I'd like to have the recipe if you'd care to share it :) It was good seeing old and new faces from the forum. Sorry Johnathan, no pics from me this time as I forgot to charge my camera :eek:

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE