Rough Close ~ November'11 ~ TORM Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Bit of a tidy up ...

By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet.

decorum
udamiano
MartinK9
MJM1
Elines
Humpback
Mesquite
Cliv
Karl
TinkyPete (TBC)
Wayland
Priam (+ 1)
jimbo75
Sasquatch
luckylee (TBC)

... and a bump :cool:

Wayland

Hárbarðr
By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet.

decorum
udamiano
MartinK9
MJM1
Elines
Humpback
Mesquite
Cliv
Karl
TinkyPete (TBC)
Wayland - Arriving late and travelling light.
Priam (+ 1)
jimbo75
Sasquatch
luckylee (TBC)

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
is it ok for noobs to come along??

The last Rough Close meet was my bust-a-duck noob meet too and it was brill, mate, a great and welcoming crowd :) You will LOVE it!

decorum
udamiano
MartinK9
MJM1
Elines
Humpback
Mesquite
Cliv
Karl
TinkyPete (TBC)
Priam (+ 1)
jimbo75
Sasquatch
luckylee (TBC)
Turbogirl and the youngling (both TBC)

decorum
udamiano
MartinK9
MJM1
Elines
Humpback
Mesquite
Cliv
Karl
TinkyPete (TBC)
Priam (+ 1)
jimbo75
Sasquatch
luckylee (TBC)
Bodge + Adam

Should be ok for this one.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Whats the usual craic with attending?

Most seem to go along on the Friday :cool: .

D'ya buy tickets en block in advance or go down in informal groups/ individually?

It's down to attendees as to whether they go individually or pool together in groups ~ I'm local, so it's easy for me to roll up there, take stuff (inc swmbo) home and then roll on over to RC.

I should have 5 or 6 empty seats after setting up... depending on how much bootspace y'all need for purchases o'course ;)

Would it not be a tad late after setting up? Might it be worth toddling over on the Saturday instead? :dunno:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I'm coming down for the market :)
Not going to camp, meeting up with loads of friends, but very happy to have a coffee break and a blether if folks are going to be in the market.

Decorum, when are you and the Missus likely to be there ? and would you ask her if she'd still like a linen partlet and cap set? I'm clearing out kit and she is very welcome to them :)

Coffee ? when would suit best ?

atb,
Toddy

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... when are you and the Missus likely to be there ? and would you ask her if she'd still like a linen partlet and cap set? I'm clearing out kit and she is very welcome to them :)

Coffee ? when would suit best ?

At the moment we're most likely to be there on the Friday. The Boss is out at the moment so I'll need to check with her ~ but I'm fairly sure she's busy on the Saturday and Sunday mornings.

I'll ask her, but I suspect we already know the answer :lmao:~ I'll drop you a PM when I've asked (or remembered to ask) the Q ;) .

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
That is if Cliv will wake up this time :)
We can gently rock him awake, I'm an expert from a mispent youth offroading :) More likely to stand salivating over his vehicle if its there tbh tho ;) Thanks, I'll get saturday tickets and wow, I hope to meet you, toddy, I'm in awe of your cooking & preserving knowledge!

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
We can gently rock him awake, I'm an expert from a mispent youth offroading :) More likely to stand salivating over his vehicle if its there tbh tho ;) Thanks, I'll get saturday tickets and wow, I hope to meet you, toddy, I'm in awe of your cooking & preserving knowledge!

Do you mean Cliff and his G wagon? :confused: :lmao:

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire

decorum
udamiano
MartinK9
MJM1
Elines
Humpback
Mesquite
Cliv
Karl
TinkyPete (TBC)
Priam (+ 1)
jimbo75
Sasquatch
luckylee (TBC)
Bodge + Adam
SimonD (TBC)

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com

decorum
udamiano
MartinK9
MJM1
Elines
Humpback
Mesquite
Cliv
Karl
TinkyPete (TBC)
Priam (+ 1)
jimbo75
Sasquatch
luckylee (TBC)
Bodge + Adam
SimonD (TBC)
Twodogs (Arrive Sat am)

Cliv

Forager
Nov 15, 2008
Preston
The best way I know to wake a slumbering Cliv is to gently waft bacon and sausage butties in his general direction

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
As with many/most of our previous Meets, this Meet is open to Sales/Trades/Swaps.
As ever, forum rules for these Sales/Swaps/Trades apply. The forum rules governing/guiding Sales/Swaps/Trades are extended to cover scouting and the site ~ and, other than where I am a vested party, also extended to myself.

It is easier all round if we set a time and place to do swaps/trades/sales ~ we'll let you know when and where at Saturday Morning Prayers* :cool:

If you're planning on bringing stuff along to Sell/Swap/Trade, please add your name and a few details of what you'll (probably) have up for grabs.

Sales/Swaps/Trades:

decorum ~ a few odds and ends, a Swedish pack or two, a couple of M90 mountain parkas (& Room-dolf for Martin)

* In case of confusion, please refer back to post #01 :p .

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Sales/Swaps/Trades:

decorum ~ a few odds and ends, a Swedish pack or two, a couple of M90 mountain parkas (& Room-dolf for Martin)
Sasquatch-All Arms Brit Issue Bergen, HH Dutch Issue Fleece(L), Brit Issue DPM Fleece(XL), Brit Issue Wool jumper(L), small axe, posh Italian furry bomber hat, DPM map case, etc.

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Sales/Swaps/Trades:

Sasquatch-All Arms Brit Issue Bergen, HH Dutch Issue Fleece(L), Brit Issue DPM Fleece(XL), Brit Issue Wool jumper(L), small axe, posh Italian furry bomber hat, DPM map case, etc.
TURBOGIRL- kidney exMod mugs, old waxed coat (L adult) & 9-10yr camo overalls- WANTED Beginners knifemaking/ leatherwork books, adult & older childs folding chair, all can be well used :) Plz let me know so I don't replicate before the meet!

Last edited:

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire

decorum
udamiano
MartinK9
MJM1
Elines
Humpback
Mesquite
Cliv
Karl
TinkyPete (TBC)
Priam (+ 1)
jimbo75
Sasquatch
luckylee (TBC)
Bodge + Adam
SimonD (TBC)
Twodogs (Arrive Sat am)

Sales/Swaps/Trades:

TURBOGIRL- kidney exMod mugs, old waxed coat (L adult) & 9-10yr camo overalls- WANTED Beginners knifemaking/ leatherwork books, adult & older childs folding chair, all can be well used Plz let me know so I don't replicate before the meet!
MartinK9 - woodlores, boots, desert DPM... etc

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
I'm in and up for the fair on the Saturday.

decorum
udamiano
MartinK9
MJM1
Elines
Humpback
Mesquite
Cliv
Karl
TinkyPete (TBC)
Priam (+ 1)
jimbo75
Sasquatch
luckylee (TBC)
Bodge + Adam
SimonD (TBC)
Twodogs (Arrive Sat am)
Treadlightly

Sales/Swaps/Trades:

TURBOGIRL- kidney exMod mugs, old waxed coat (L adult) & 9-10yr camo overalls- WANTED Beginners knifemaking/ leatherwork books, adult & older childs folding chair, all can be well used Plz let me know so I don't replicate before the meet!
MartinK9 - woodlores, boots, desert DPM... etc

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE