rough camping in the borders

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
hey :)

i'm currently in the process of moving my stuff into storage so i can get down south and start looking for a new house without having to worry about maintaining a claim at the other end of the country.

with this comes glorious homelessness. hooray! cos having nowhere to live makes life so much more exciting. at least, that's what my rose-tinted view of the past tells me.

basically, i need somewhere to camp within about 5 miles of galashiels that's fairly secure, far enough away from any local housing estates that i don't have to worry about people trashing my site while i'm away.

failing all this, i guess i can just find a ruined shed or barn to stash my tat in while i stroll around the town looking like a respectable gentleman that sleeps in a b&b rather than a homeless vagabond trailing a tent and pack around with me everywhere

remember when they had safe deposit boxes in all the train and bus stations? weren't they handy?

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Humblebumble cant help you that close to Gala but there are lots of woods etc in the surrounding area how safe your kit will be i cant comment, i lived 16 miles north a few years ago and there where plenty of deserted buildings and woodland between the two places, hope all goes well and look forward to meeting you on Saturday the 4th July at Lumsdaine shore.

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
Sounds like fun but I can't imagine going through a house move and all the stress that goes with it without having a postal address for all the correspondence!

How's that going to work?

i've got a correspondence address. no worries on that front. used to live in edinburgh, still got a lot of friends there.

don't worry about that, i've done this all many, many times before.

i love a good flit. packing bags for some reason gives me such a huge sense of freedom

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
hah you should have lived in warrington during the mid-late 90's. imagine you've just had fish and chips and your left with the greasy paper, your in the middle of town. or any shopping centre for that matter.
ok you go to put the paper in a bin....

but there are no bins...they've all been taken away..

it took them nearly 10 whole years to replace the damn bins in warrington!!!
granted what happened in the high street was bad (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warrington_bomb_attacks) but 10 years to replace them?
i soon learned to stuff my pockets full till i got home but many people just dropped it where they could.
twas messy for a while.

also i hate stagecoach. but only because i'm under peer pressure...

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Melon fish, i know the feeling i worked in a well known store in Manchester the day the same MOB did a job on that city too, luckily everything was fine(no one hurt) i went back a week later after the Police let people who worked there back in to tidy up and lets just say there was a BIG hole near us and the doors where now U shaped and lying half way down the store(flagship biggest store) and the was a very large crack in the main outside wall, twas good for overtime though clearing up the mess that was left!

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
i remember some of the games workshop lads telling me about the mess that was left. a week of sprinklers can do nasty things to a store mostly filled with card and paper....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE