Rothco Excursion Bag Field Test

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Air Pirate

Tenderfoot
Mar 16, 2009
Nashville, TN, USA
Sometime in January or February I purchased a Rothco Venturer Excursion Travel Bag at a surplus store. It sat around looking almost useful until today when I took it geocaching with the kids.

It wasn't much of a field test by most standards, I used it as a sort of possibles bag and carried it on my belt with the belt loops on the back rather than with the provided shoulder strap. I was able to separate the items into the several pockets the bag has. I was able to carry: my car keys, sharpening stone, small PSK, tinder box, matches, lighter, whistle, Victorinox Farmer, compass, and cell phone with room to spare. Everything had its place and was secured by zippers so I knew it wasn't going to fall out of the pockets of my Wal-Mart cargo shorts.

All in all it was exactly what I was hoping for. I'll be using it alot more now that I know how much I liked having it right there on my hip. The price didn't hurt either, just $10 if I remember correctly. I've also since found them online at numerous websites. Just Google, venturer excursion bag.
ExcursionBag.jpg

cappi

Life Member
Nov 15, 2008
hautes pyrenees,france
no way man that`s a frenchmans handbag,well if not it should be,only joking it`s ok but to post here too much i feel,regards cappi

TREASURE THE FAMILY,AS GREATER RICHES YOU SHALL NOT GUARD AGAIN

Air Pirate

Tenderfoot
Mar 16, 2009
Nashville, TN, USA
Yeah, nevermind. Took this bag out again today. Before I could get away from the truck I realized the zipper on the main pouch was broken and I couldn't get it to zip up. I had to divide the stuff in the pouch into my pockets. Got home and tried to use the shoulder strap on a canteen pouch, and the clip broke while I was trying to attatch it. Don't waste your money.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE