Ronnie Sunshines Bushcraft Camping Western Gift Box Set

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I've got one and I can't recommend it highly enough, You'll need to season the pot, lid, skillet and griddle though

British Red done a great tutorial on here about it. do a search and you should find it easy enough.

A Tripod is a worthy investment to go along with it, we have the Voyager Tripod set (the larger one) as we have a 8 Ltr Dutch oven as well.

We use ours instead of the slow cooker, we do casseroles, over hot coals both in the garden on the fire pit, in the woods, we have buried them in with hot rocks on the beach and the woods and the wife has used them in the oven at home.

Some of the guys bring them to our local meets up at Brockwell Woods in the North East.

Hope this helps matey

Hi,

Has anyone got one/used one and does anyone have an opinion before I part with the wifes hard earned cash?

Thanks,

Dave

Aye and its brilliant. Just used the set for the duration of the 'moot for all our cooking. Add a fire grill and tripod and a billy and its all you will ever need to cook over an open fire. Watch the box though, it looks sturdy but doesn't handle 16 + stone adults sitting on it. I'd cuprinol or otherwise treat it to proof it a wee bit.

Windy

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
I was given the set for Christmas. Although pre-seasoned, I'd still recommend seasoning it more and using it indoors, as well, to build up the seasoning. The 4L dutch oven is fine for meals for around 4 people, but you'd want bigger if you were catering for 6-8. Bread works well. For anyone who had the bread at the Moot Hangi last week - that was done in a 4L oven.

Price-wise, the set was the same as the individual components, but you get the wooden box, in effect, free. As has been noted, the box isn't that sturdy and mine arrived with some of the screws pulled out of the wood. Credit due, they did give me a refund on the postage as compensation for me having to fit a few longer woodscrews myself.

Their tripod is 'OK', but I'd prefer one that was a bit taller. You can't raise the dutch oven up that high on the chain before it fouls on the tripod legs.

Geoff

TrickyT

Tenderfoot
Nov 14, 2009
UK
I got one of these for my 40th birthday. For a 'newbie' this was great as everything was in one box. Have used it many times on my Ozpig.

Have to agree about the 4L oven, it is a bit small, especially as I have more and more people wanting to try my cooking.

I removed the legs on my one so it sits better on my Ozpig. Never did anything to the seasoning of mine and not had any problems.

Trevor

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
I got one for Christmas and I love it.

Used it all weekend there and the variety of stuff you an cook with is amazing. That weekend there was the first I used the griddle and it proved to be a great bit of kit.

My menu for the weekend included roast chicken breasts, a full breakfast, paninis and steak all done with this cookset.

I reseasoned my oven and will do the rest soon as the coating is not the best but can easily be improved.

Last edited:

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
I bought mine second hand from barn owl on here. It is a great set. The griddle is fantastic. I haven't used it a lot yet but been a bit busy over the summer. The griddle does a lovely breakfast.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE