Roman Oven

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

al

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 18, 2003
kent
clay pots heated uare good for fresh naan breads, like a tandori oven innit, clay pipes too ,the ones they put in roads

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
Nans, pitta and chipatis are all unleaven breads with little or no raising agents and are easy to produce in the field with a bit of flour and baking powder. I have cooked chipatis on an upturned wok with great success......I'm starting to smell a bushcraft curry :idea:

Quill

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 29, 2004
Wisconsin
I like the flower pot idea. Two questions though. Do you plug the holes in the bottom of the flower pot, if so with what? And excuse a dumb Yank, but what is a billy? Coffee can or something like it? Sorry that is 3 questions.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Billy is a cooking pot which hangs (via a bail arm) over your fire. It is a term poached from the Australians - la la waltzing Matilda!

As for the holes why worry with covering them, ash cakes and such are cooked on the embers and coals.

And I guess if you cont like the black crispy bits you can always scrap em off with your knife.

One question I have is how do you pack them in your bergen without breaking them? :shock:

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
Gary said:
Billy is a cooking pot which hangs (via a bail arm) over your fire. It is a term poached from the Australians - la la waltzing Matilda!

As for the holes why worry with covering them, ash cakes and such are cooked on the embers and coals.

And I guess if you cont like the black crispy bits you can always scrap em off with your knife.

One question I have is how do you pack them in your bergen without breaking them? :shock:

You wear your flowerpot on your head, like Bill and Ben did.

Keith.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE