Robin of Sherwood

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Does anyone else remember this ITV series from the early eighties? Found a DVD of it recently and it is great stuff. Lots of legends and mythology entwined with the traditional Robin Hood stories, and stunning soundtrack by Clannad.

Pretty far fetched mind - grown men and women wearing green and wandering the woods, cooking over fires and practising archery........wouldn't happen nowadays, would it...... ;)

2blackcat

Nomad
Nov 30, 2004
bromley
I remember it well

Loved the first two series (with Michael Praed)

Wasn't overkeen on the last one

In fact bought the first two, didn't the third

Saw the box set of Richard Greens series the other day too

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
I really liked the show as a nipper,well i liked the first two series but was not so keen on those after.Wouldet mind watching them again to be honest. :)

leon-1

Yep I remember it as a kid as well (I remember some interveiws with Micheal Pread saying he was actually blind as a bat).

It wasn't bad, I stopped watching it when Jason Connery took over, it had gone a bit too far then.

The sound track to Robin Of Sherwood was called Legend, I still have it on Vinyl and CD :eek: ;)

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
i've got all three series of robin of sherwood on dvd, very enjoyable.
the production company "tiger aspect" is currently working on a new series of robin hood too. can't wait.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
I really wish that ITV would either repeat a boyhood faverite of mine called Brendon chase or release it on dvd,it was a real faverite of mine as a nipper.

BlueTrain

Nomad
Jul 13, 2005
Near Washington, D.C.
Here is a footnote that may be of interest to readers of this forum:

In my latest Osprey purchase, the new one about Universal Carriers, there is a photo of none other than Richard Greene sitting in a carrier and is so identified (otherwise I wouldn't know). He served in the 27th Lancers during the war, one of a number of actors who returned to the UK to serve in the Armed Forces.

Yggdrasil

May 18, 2005
Stevenage, Hertfordshire.
It was a brilliant series! My dad bought the videos ages ago and when i watched it it was the first i had really heard of the robin hood stories. Anything else after it seemed to fail in comparison :D

2blackcat

Nomad
Nov 30, 2004
bromley
Judi Trott, only fifteen then? :eek:

I didn't know that

Had a crush on her then ... saw her on the box a while ago and haven't changed my opinion

She's got rid of the long hair though :(

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
I thought Trudi was born in 1962 - that would make her 22 in the first series of RoS not 15 so rest easy all of you red blooded males......

Cheers

JFW

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE