RM tour

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Aragorn

Settler
Aug 20, 2006
Wrexham, North Wales
wanted to share this moving moment from the LLandudno leg of the RM tour, seriously it was a really great night, even the misses enjoyed it. I think there are about 10 dates left, if anyone is thinking of going and can get tickets, i don't think you will be dissapointed. Ray comes across as a really nice bloke with a real love for the work he does, I wish i could have talked longer but we had to get home for the kids, but I have already hinted to the misses that i would love to go on one of the wooodlore expeditions and she has agreed in theory, maybe for my 40th, so if your reading this mr Mears, thanks for a great night and see you in 6 years ;)

PA150001.JPG

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Was you the only person there? It seems like he has a lot of time for the people that come to see him. I'm looking forward to seeing him at the end of the month, it should be a cracking night!

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
I hope he has the time for me too!
I'm seeing him this Friday, want him to convince SWMBO that I'm not from an alternative universe!
:D :D

Aragorn

Settler
Aug 20, 2006
Wrexham, North Wales
i think it was a sell out mate, there were a few late arrivals as the parking was ****e, ray started talking about 19:45 and finished about 22:30 we then had questions, another 30 mins, bit of advice, take a drink, there wasn't any breaks, not that i minded, i thought the time flew.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Alan, is it worth taking some of my books for a signing opportunity?

Certainly,
He signed all that I took to Aberystwyth, and chatted for an embarrasingly long time once I'd asked a few questions, I really felt like I was personally holding the signing queue up!

Have a great time.

Ogri the trog

Aragorn

Settler
Aug 20, 2006
Wrexham, North Wales
spam, as ogri says take what you can to be signed, not sure if it's the same everywhere but waterstone's had a stall set up selling ray's books, others were getting bits of paper signed

stardust

Oct 15, 2007
somerset
My mate went to see him in Aber, and said the same...he talked so long, even though the queue was massive and he signed all her books for her. Sounds like a great guy.

It was in the signing queue that she saw someone with a bushcraftuk badge sewn to their shirt sleve, told me about it and that is how I found this place!

Gary Elson

Feb 27, 2007
Bulkington Warwickshire
Went to see Rm in Leamington - similar story
Totally fascinating Ray spoke for 2 3/4 hours which seemed like about 2 3/4 minutes
Then answered loads of questions - then spent at least another couple hours signing stuff

I went with my wife - she was expecting a macho bush craft experience - which it certainly wasn't - she thought he was fantastic

Very passionate about the subject and the people he has met
Interestingly he really sticks up for the BBC - and rates them as second to none

Top Night out - very inspirational

Gaz

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
Hi
I saw Ray on his tour at Cheltenham town hall last night , i took the wife along too and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves we had front row seats right in the middle . It was great to see the expressions on Rays face as he told us the tales of his travels , he really is quite a genuine guy with great humour. We chatted to him for a minute or so afterwards while he signed our books and tickets. A great evening even though my Derriere was numb after two and a half hours. If anyone can get tickets for his remaining tour dates go for it.
Regards
Darren

Jul 15, 2006
Nil

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Hi
I saw Ray on his tour at Cheltenham town hall last night , i took the wife along too and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves we had front row seats right in the middle . It was great to see the expressions on Rays face as he told us the tales of his travels , he really is quite a genuine guy with great humour. We chatted to him for a minute or so afterwards while he signed our books and tickets. A great evening even though my Derriere was numb after two and a half hours. If anyone can get tickets for his remaining tour dates go for it.
Regards
Darren

My wife and I were there as well, (at the back) when I booked the tickets I asked how long the talk was going to be, and was told " an hour or an hour and a Half", it was not until I checked my watch that I realised that he had been chatting for nearly three hours, and afterwards he answered questions, including my wife’s question on languages. He signed mine and my wife’s book, and the tickets for my little girl. He came across as a person with a real passion for what he did. I love his confession right at the beginning, about his luxury rain forest accommodation, when he was in the rain forest with Ewan. That really broke the ice; I think there weren’t many there, who didn’t get the joke. I thought I saw one of Cap’t Badgers friends there (I remember him from the moot,) or maybe the man himself (it’s hard to say as I’ve never seen the man without his tricorn, or sober for that matter :) )

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
I saw Ray in Derby last week and had a great time. Like others have said he spoke/answered questions for 3 1/2 hours, but without a drink of water or a break, and spoke like it was his first date on the tour. Managed to meet him after, which was the first autograph ive got off anyone. Good to thank him for the courses and all the rest he has done over the years. A real gent.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE