RM`s Watch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
I'm not a big fan of heavy watches. I bought a St. Moritz Momentum Atlas field watch awhile back and could not be happier. It has a titanium case and band. It's so light you don't know it's there most of the time. Rugged enough that many dive shops carry it. I could buy one per year for the next 50 years and I'd still save money over the rolex. :)

I'll second Momentum, I have the Titan II, fantastic watch for the money. Titanium case, sapphire face, but its also the nicest analogue watch I could find with an alarm (with snooze function!)

watch.jpg

They are very difficult to find here in the UK

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003

hanzo

Nomad
Feb 12, 2006
Hawaii
hanzosoutdoors.blogspot.com
When my Tag Heuer died the first time (jeweler did not reseal properly on battery change and I was swimming in the ocean), I bought a cheap Timex to tie me over while it was being repaired by a different, better watch repair guy. The manager of a fine jewelry store that sells Rolex's asked me if what I had was a Submariner. At a glance, the resemblance is amazing. Probably by design.

Thanks to the good work of the watch repair guy, my Tag Heuer is resurrected from the dead. And it was dead.

Even though I have a cheapie Timex and a resurrected Tag Heuer, I still wear my Breitling as my every day watch and when out in the "bush."

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Anyway, Back to my question.
What is the make and model of the black watch with a black nylon (G10) strap, that RM is wearing in some of the Bushcraft CD`s?
Steve :)

discontinued Citizen Eco Drive
this one with a NATO strap IIRC

citizen.jpg

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
On a similar subject (who wears which watch) i noticed that good old Bear Grylls uses Brietlings.

This survival lark must pay well and be very 'endorment friendly' for manufacturers to dish these things out. Then again, with Lewis Hamilton being given Tag's left right and centre, maybe other makers need to be a little more pro-active.

I agree with rapidboy about watches being used, thats why i've just sold my Monaco and my 1967 BOAC pilots Brietling because i dare not wear them for fear of damage or theft.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE